*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2261477-Pt1-Bring-Back-SeriesBring-Back-Dueling
Rated: GC · Article · Opinion · #2261477
An Article By Firebrand Times Guest Journalist, Bride A. Livewire
11/7/21
Disclaimer:
There go a saying: "if yall throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that yelped loudest is the one that got hit."
There go folks that get fired up about these topics, and I aim to be polite whether folks is or aint.
But I aint one of those conservatives that tuck tail and get pushed around, and Im p*ssed at those who are.

Welcome to America.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


There is nothing more dangerous than to build a society with a large segment of people in that society who feel that they have no stake in it; who feel that they have nothing to lose. People who have stake in their society, protect that society, but when they don't have it, they unconsciously want to destroy it.
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

"A person who is demoralized is unable to access true information. The facts tell him nothing, even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents and pictures...he will to believe it...That's the tragedy of the situation of demoralization." -Yuri Bezmenov

Preface

“The practice is severely censured by all religious and thinking people; yet it has very justly been remarked, that ‘the great gentleness and complacency of modern manners, and those respectful attentions of one man to another, that at present render the social discourses of life far more agreeable and decent, than among the most civilized nations of antiquity; must be ascribed, in some degree to this absurd custom.’ It is certainly both awful and distressing to see a young person cut off suddenly in a duel, particularly if he be the father of a family; but the loss of a few lives is a mere trifle, when compared with the benefits resulting to Society at large.

I should consider it very unwise in the members of government, to adopt any measures that would enforce the prohibition of dueling…the man who falls in a duel, and the individual who is killed by the overturn of a stage-coach, are both unfortunate victims to a practice from which we derive great advantage. It would be absurd to prohibit stage-travelling-because, occasionally, a few lives are lost by an overturn.”

-The Art Of Duelling, 1836


From swords and pistols, from pistols to light sabers: Gentlemen, cowboys, and Jedi Knights have engaged, kicked up dust, and battled in combat in view of the stars- whether in history or on the big screen; the concept of the duel has only had one purpose. Before I jump on in, no, I aint in no way condone violence- I do in particulars support self defense, protection of family and loved ones- personal property, women, children, the elderly, innocents; those who cant defend themselves, our country, and just wars. And I also support...

Capitol punishment. Its a deterrent. This society done abused its freedom to the point of no accountability. This is an opinion, and I know what yall thinking: 'D*mn Bride, this is extreme,' and it is...Im already knowing- but Im serious. Folks is getting good and tired of alot of stuff from folks, and they gone react soon- As time goes on, we see some folks aint got no home training and its their parents fault for that, or the age of computers done crippled folks socials skills; anyway goes, bring back the duel.

Somethings got to be done, and I right hand promise yall I aint see it getting no better. Some folks are so intertwined with whats getting fed to them that they get controlled by it and cant think on their on.The problem is with many of these ideologies folks got, the foundation of fact done been removed. Truth and morality is subjective to them and theyre so broken and scared inside that it sends them into 'fight or flight' mode. But the threat is in their minds, it aint even happening- They get overly involved and emotional about things due to a lack of a core foundation. They try and replace the yearning of being needed, but theyre helpless themselves. They believe in no truth at all, so its like a ferris wheel, its useless to engage with them- and even with proof they always got a rebuttal or an excuse, and with each point made their anger just intensifies cause they believe that they aint ever wrong- and they take this all out on anybody cause theyre weak willed.

Their only strength is in numbers cause its a wolf mentality. None of these things theyll say or do in person cause they need folks for their moral support; that, and theyre scared yellow. I done literally seen some of the most loud folks about their views keep peeping quiet if they alone with somebody who disgrees, whos a person of strong character.

The fight or flight response is an automatic physiological reaction to an event that is perceived as stressful or frightening. The perception of threat activates the sympathetic nervous system and triggers an acute stress response that prepares the body to fight or flee. These responses are evolutionary adaptations to increase chances of survival in threatening situations. Overly frequent, intense, or inappropriate activation of the fight or flight response is implicated in a range of clinical conditions including most anxiety disorders.

This is an all booklearned definition, but when we was growing up, a 'switch' from outside or a belt fixes this.
Either discipline children now, or somebody gone do it later for yall.

Here go an example of what Im talking about (its graphic, and pardon the language.) Yall might remember this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGZUS6NG6u4&t=201s

Look at this. This was over masks...OUTSIDE. This is usually how this stuff starts- somebody get too big for their britches. There go some reading this right now that aint see no kind of problem with this. Notice the lack of accountability. What the h*ll gave this girl the right cause of her views; to verbally and physically assault this man? Shes crazy as a bullbat, listen to their reasoning- these guys was avoiding a confrontation even with the boyfriend being kind of a tool. The guys actually handled the disagreement well before she did what she did...

Folks done got to the point that they escalate their disagreements with hostility. Theres a reason why this society at one time was polite. At one time respectable and honest- yea, mankind done had some harsh ways in dealing with things, but they worked to a certain extent. We dealing in a time now were society is full of adults with baby hearts and the inexperienced are at the head. A soft society- fueled by emotions and had some of these folks acted like this some odd years ago, theyd get put on medication...Now the behavior is encouraged and taught.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The duel was an arranged form of combat during the 17th & 18th centuries, between two folks with the same weapon with agreed on rules.
This combat wasnt for killing as folks may think; it was considered a high honor, and it was reserved for the upper class and true gentlemen of society.

This is my first reason for it: Honor.Men now aint even consider their honor or their word as binding. Its acceptable lie and it goes unchecked. Men used to command respect by their upright character. A mans word was that man, and any less would be as good as useless. Women sought after these men; they were hard working, respectable, and dignified. Women had more of a choice then- they chose men of valor and aint second guess establishing a family with them. These men were known by their character, and if that character was ever questioned, thems fighting words. Men used to be men. Some men are so passive against their God given duties, they hide behind the debate of the meaning of what a man is. A healthy society needs manly men. Other countries front line their strong men. China, Russia, even Mexico, encourage strong male leadership. While America allows groups to tear down the nuclear family, push gender equity (not equality,) and emasculate men; it supports weak willed, selfish, and passive typed betas- instead of compassionate, strong, sacrificial leader typed alphas. Men of honor stand for whats right, serve the people, protect the public from dangers, and fight wars. When a weak willed man leads a nation, its easy to see the decline of said nation. The duel would also curb some folks mouths.

My second reason for it: Insults.

Freedom of speech used to have an accountability for the action. If dueling was to return, it would put a demand on uttered words- there aint no walking away from a duel, unless one desires the reputation of a coward.

Europe

Ancient Europe used duels as a form of justice. If there was a dispute they battled until the losing party was held guilty. The combat later evolved into a sport with chivalrous knights who competed.

America

Dueling was more enacted in the South than in the North, and it was primarily between lawyers and politicians. This was interesting with the lawyers dueling, cause the profession was on the first name basis with the bottom of a deck; and it still is. A position of honor meant everything, and this is so contrary to were we are today with these two groups. With all the mudslinging and lying in politics, and the low down lawyers, this would be a quick fix. Its also a deterrent- folks will kill for money, but aint many gone die for it.

Weapons

Swords ruled until until the 18th century, until pistols came into play...These folks used large calibers such as, .45, .50, and even .65 calibers. It takes studying to use a sword, but the pistol became the household name cause anybody could use them. If a duel was underway, the weapons had to match so it aint no unfair advantage. Youngins were also taught dueling as a form of education- this speaks volumes to education then and now,cause while we got CRT and sexualities taught in school, they used to teach religion and dueling as education. Women dueled also, but the practice was more stripped down. I can only imagine what women would duel about today. Id probably support it. Dueling phased out largely cause of the violent Civil War. Another reason dueling ended was:

Men no longer desired reputation, a respectable place in society, or made things about his family...

The love of money replaced it in courts...

Bring back dueling.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
© Copyright 2021 Bride A. Livewire (iambride at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2261477-Pt1-Bring-Back-SeriesBring-Back-Dueling