*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2261698-Floyd-Has-The-Answer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Paul
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #2261698
Floyd is a little confused.


“Hey, Pete!”

”What?”

”Look at that, wouldya’, two jobs for the price of one.”

”What are you talking about, Floyd?”

’The jewelry store we’re watching, I just saw a guy that looks like money going in, we can do him when we do the store.”

“No, Floyd, we won’t. We’ll wait until he leaves because we don’t need added complications.”

”What complications, Pete, I know the answer, we knock him over the head and take what he’s got.”

”What if he dies? Then we’re killers as well as thieves and if we’re caught the punishment is easier for thief. They could execute you for the other.”

”I dint’ think about that. Okay, Pete, we wait. Can we eat while we wait? I looked at the menu and they have meat loaf, my favorite thing, they have fried chicken too, my favorite thing.”

”You are a real dichotomy, Floyd, a true puzzle for the ages.”

”NO! Pete, I don’t wanna’ be all cut up. Puzzles come in little pieces and I don’t wanna be a bunch a little pieces!”

”Why me, god… it’s called an expression, Floyd, it means you are a mystery until people get to know you. You won’t be cut up.”

”Thank goodness, I’d hate that, I think. I don’t think I want to be that other thing you said either, Pete. It sounds hurtful.”

”What? Wha…? Oh, dichotomy, no, Floyd, it doesn’t hurt, it’s another expression that means you show two different aspects. Your a complex person, Floyd.”

”My momma always said that I was complex. She said I was other things too, but I don’t remember her saying I was aspect.”

”My mind boggles imagining those other things, Floyd. Aspect means how people see you.”

”Don’t they use their eyes?”

”You astound me, Floyd.”



© Copyright 2021 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2261698-Floyd-Has-The-Answer