*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2262125-Naan-Bread
Rated: E · Other · Food/Cooking · #2262125
John’s na’an bread recipe
Na’an Bread


1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
2/3 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups white bread flour, plus more for dusting
1 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 tablespoons melted ghee or butter
Vegetable oil to grease the skillet

1. Mix together yeast, sugar, and two tablespoons of warm water in a bowl. Leave it until the yeast activates and gets frothy. Blend the yogurt into this mixture.

2. Whisk flour and salt together in a large bowl, then make a well in the center. Pour in the yogurt and yeast mixture, plus the melted ghee or butter and mix. Gradually add water until the dough is soft and sticky.

3. Turn the dough out into a lightly floured surface and knead for about five minutes. Don’t skimp on the kneading—this part is essential for creating the stretchy, chewy texture. Put the dough in a large, lightly oiled bowl, turning to coat. Let sit until the dough doubles in size, up to two hours.

4. When the dough has risen, return it to the lightly floured surface and punch it to knock out the air.
Divide it into eight balls. Heat a nonstick frying pan or nonstick skillet over very high heat for five minutes and put the oven on low. Prepare the butter or melted ghee for brushing on the finished bread.

5. Roll each ball of dough into a flat circle, leaving the edges slightly thicker. Stretch each circle into an oval shape and place it n the hot pan. When it starts to bubble, turn it over and cook until the other side is browned as well.

6. Brush each cooked piece of na’an with melted butter or ghee. Keep cooked na’an in oven 7ntil you’ve finished the batch. Serve warm. Enjoy!


© Copyright 2021 Whiskerfacebythefireplace (whiskerface at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2262125-Naan-Bread