*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2262501-A-Plan
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #2262501
Daily Flash Fiction 11/23/21 W/C 299
Featured in "Mystery Newsletter (December 1, 2021)


A Plan



“Take the A road to the fork, then right on NN. When you get to the county line, it changes to XY. You’ll see the interstate over the rise,” instructed Matt.

I scribbled directions into my spiral notebook before I forgot the alphabet roads.

“That sounds like a plan. Stupid, squirrely, but a plan. What happens once I get on the interstate?”

Matt looked at me. He was clueless. “Um, Heidi, well, it’s a plan. The one given to me to pass to you.”

“That’s it? That’s all you got? Will someone meet me there? Do I take a car or does someone drive me there?” I checked the notes I made.

When I looked up, Matt was gone. As I turned round about, no sign of him. He’d actually disappeared.

“Take ‘A' road to the fork.” A voice came from a pine tree.

“Hello? Who’s that?” I asked the tree.

“Listen.” Another different voice was heard.

“Who’s talking?” I saw no one.

“At the fork in the road, go right on ‘NN’.” A third voice spoke out.

“It’s written down here. How do I get there? ‘A’ road is ten miles from here.”

“That’s a problem.”

“No kidding,” I spoke to the tree again.

“Here’s your solution.”

A feather floated down.

“Really? This is serious, I need to get to that interstate.”

All three voices spoke. “Grab the feather. Believe.”

“A feather? Really?”

No response from the tree voices. I put that feather in my hair. Instantly I rose into the air.

A breeze took me toward the road I needed. I shouted to the branches,“Thanks!”

My flight lasted just moments before I fell to the highway. Joe picked me up in his red truck.

After all these years, he still doesn’t believe my story.



W/C 299
© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2262501-A-Plan