*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2262987-The-Error-Of-Christian-Passivity
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Experience · #2262987
An Article By Firebrand Times Journalist, Miss Rookie Tea
The Error Of Christian Passivity

I have to admit being passive is something I believe most struggle with. I even struggle with being passive. I won’t stand up for something and I end up regretting it later. A new year is coming and I have decided I am going to try and be a less passive Christ-believing Bible-following Republican. Wrong needs to be confronted and hidden sin needs to be revealed.

I have a true story I am going to share, this is only one of the reasons passiveness in Christians is not a good thing. Not too many years ago a college student came to our church he was held in high esteem at the college. He was going to college for a master’s in a youth pastorate’s degree. So he came to our church and he did some bad things to some of the kids in my family. Lots of crap and he was a manipulator and being young and unknowing the kids took a bit to catch on before they realized what was happening and went to my parents for help.

We began to see odd things before we saw that it was worse than we thought. So in the beginning we started going to him as the Bible says in Matthew 18:15-17, “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

My brother went to him about it but that didn’t help at all. Then my dad; the pastor went to him about it. The guy started spreading lies and saying bad things about my dad to the other college students in our church and we began to lose them. After much pain and tears, we went to the college because lies were being spread there and it was not over. We went to them (them as in the college this college was/is held also in high esteem as one of the best Christian colleges) they did nothing about it. They allowed their student with some of the highest grades to graduate with a master’s in youth pastoring rather than stopping his education so as to keep innocent children safe. This makes me sick, this man did crap to two, possibly more kids, and that college allowed him to get a master’s in pastoring minors. That’s a good cover to do a bunch more.

Being passive can be good at times but there are some things that you have to speak up about. You make a mistake, admit it. You find out one of your best friends is doing something they shouldn’t confront them (you can confront someone kindly). Your countrymen are being lied to, speak up, and don’t let a ruler or rulers take your freedom. If we don’t speak up against wrong who will? If we the people don’t tell the people up top that we don’t like what they are doing behind the scene who will? If we the people won’t be heard then who can help us? We can change the tide we only have to stop being so passive. It’s time we stood up for what was right. It’s time we stopped allowing bad people to lie to us and push us to do things we don’t like. It’s time we stood together as a people and pushed to save our country. We gotta stop being so passive we are a free people. We have choices. Don’t allow this country to fall apart because we were/I was/you were scared to push a little or confront someone.

** Image ID #2263012 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2021 Bride A. Livewire (iambride at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2262987-The-Error-Of-Christian-Passivity