*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2263247-The-Genie-Who-Was-Set-Free
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Fantasy · #2263247
What if you came across a genie, wanted nothing but her freedom? Would you be so kind?
A man found a wishing lamp out in the desert. He rubbed it, and sure enough a genie came out!

"Gosh! You're beautiful!" the man exclaimed as he gasped at her beauty.

The genie smiled and told the man "You have 3 wishes", she explained. "What is your 1st wish, Master?"

"Master?" He asked. She shyly smiled and nodded. "Oh no... I think you have it all wrong, Miss." She looked at him confused and asked "Do you not have a wish?" She replied back.

He didn't hesitate to make his 1st wish as he bowed his head in high regards. "My 1st wish is for you to taste freedom." She gasped in shock!

"Why would you waste your 1st wish?!" She asked as if in total disbelief. "Just trust me." He replied as he gave a slight wink.

She reluctantly gave him his 1st wish. "Your wish has been granted. Now what is your 2nd wish?" He slightly interrupted and asked her to dance with him in one style of dancing she has always wanted to do. She looked at him like he was crazy! "Surely that is not your 2nd wish?!" She asked in anger.

He looked her straight in the eyes and said "No. I just want you to do something for yourself." She wanted to dance with him, but she had always been afraid of divine punishment if she did! He knew what she was thinking and said "If you dance with me I will ask for my second wish." She hesitated, but she led a tango dance until she was satisfied.

"That was...I mean...wow!" She exclaimed in utter amazement. "How was I allowed to do that?!" He smiled and replied "That's because of my 1st wish". She blushed as she wondered what the other two would be.

She looked at him nervously and asked "Well, what is your 2nd wish?"

He paused for a moment, hoping she was ready for his biggest wish yet. "I wish for you to have the freedom you deserve so that this spell on you will be broken". She gasped and dropped to her knees. The man held his hand out, helped her back up on her feet.

Out of not knowing what to think, she grants his wish. She skipped letting him know his wish had been granted and asked for his 3rd and final wish. He, of course knowing she no longer had wish granting powers gave her a big hug, and when he let go, he told her "My 3rd wish is that you will live happily ever after".

The man walked off, and she went on to live a full, happy, human life.

The end.
© Copyright 2021 Joseph D. Smith (josephdsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2263247-The-Genie-Who-Was-Set-Free