*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2263683-Cleaning-up-the-House
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Short Story · Adult · #2263683
After Barbara gets injured, her family steps in and finally gets rid of the hoard!
It was a chilly day in December, and you just got done telling your son about the fate of Son-chu. You sigh as you realize that it's going to take quite a bit of money to get everything back together again. After Tom drives you back to his condo, he brings you in and you are bought into the room with him and Harriett. "Sister, I know it was quite stressful for you to tell your son the bad news, but I'm afraid that is just the beginning...whenever you heal up a bit, we both think it's best that we come over to your house and help out a bit." You nearly jump hearing that, worried that they might desecrate the Holy Temple. "O-ok, b-but just don't do too much OK? I don't want to upset my son!"

A week or two has passed and you are riding in a vehicle with Tom and Harriett. As they pull up to the house, you can hear the two gasp at how overgrown the yard looks and how much the house's color has faded. "Um, sister, when was the last time your son tended to things outside?" She asks. "Well, ever since his father died, he stopped caring for stuff outside. Last time he was outside, he was taking pictures for some Pokemon game that was on his phone." You reply. You then pull into the driveway and start to walk towards the front door. "Welcome to the Holy Temple!" You say with a bit of cheer. Your sister looks at you and is not amused. "Holy Temple? Barbara, this isn't a temple, this is your house, why is it called a temple?" "Well, my son called it that so that this place can get tagged as a location in that game."

Your group then steps through the front door and more gasps can be heard. Your sister looks at all the drawings of Sonichu, Pokemon, My Little Pony, and your son as a Goddess, that has been plastered over the walls throughout the hallways. "Um, sister, what the Hell? What are all these drawings and why are they everywhere?" "Well, my son is an artist and is quite proud of his work and..." "Sister, I don't mind children posting their own artwork in the walls of their own room, but this is ridiculous! He is a grown man! How do you think he will feel if people came in and saw this?" "Like I said, it is his Holy Temple..." Your group then proceeds to the kitchen where tables and counters are filled to the brim with dirty dishes and boxes while the sink is in no better condition. "Sister, how is it possible to cook in here with all this mess?" "Well, shortly after the fire, he managed to cook up a handful of dishes, but then when things started breaking down, instead of repairing it or replacing it, he just went out to eat at McDonald's instead." "So instead of maintaining a clean kitchen, he would rather go out and eat junk food all the time, right?" "...yes" You say, with a bit of embarrassment.

You then go into what used to be a family room is now your son's "work room", but stopped doing anything resembling work as he now spends time in this room playing on his Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch. "Sister, why is there so many damn toys? And what's with all the clay figurines?" She ask. You then cheer up a bit when you decided to talk about the short time your son worked for a website. "Some time after the fire, my son would sell stuff on this website called "Etsy." He would keep up with this until one day, he just randomly walked up to me and told me that his shop just got shut down for no reason, whatsoever..." "...Is that what really happened sister?" "Well, he failed to talk about one thing..." "And what is that?" "Before he got the Playstation 4, he was a busy little bee and always kept himself busy, always sending out orders on time and making sure everything is done right. Then eventually, he started pleading with his fan base to please buy him a Playstation 4 because he could not afford one. Then one day, he got inpatient with his fan base and, using a newly acquired credit card, purchased one off of a strange website, and when it came in, he stopped working altogether because he was constantly on it. He would play the fire out of it, from sun up to sun down!" "So in other words, he prefers to play video games then to get off his ass and get a job, right?" "Please don't say things like that, he is a Goddess!" Your sister rolls her eyes at this before your group heads to another room.

You then go into your son's room, where his bed still has the rainbow colored My Little Pony theme to it, while it was surrounded by boxes that had video game consoles in them, both new and old. "So this is your son's bedroom huh?" "Yes it is..." Your sister then looks around and sees all the Funko Pops and posters from various movies and conventions. "So these posters? Where did he get them?" "He got a lot of those from the many conventions he would go to." "But you have been having money troubles..." "I know, but he would be somehow able to have enough to spend days at a time at these places and often bragged about how fun they were." "So instead of staying home and helping you around the house, he would rather go out and have fun at these conventions while blowing quite a bit of money." She says. She then notices your son's collection of random rocks and crystals in a corner of his bedroom. "And what is with all of these rocks?" "Oh, those aren't just any pile of rocks, they are MAGIC rocks, capable of healing and bringing forth magical powers!" "...So in other words, he is blowing money on some rocks instead of towards bills and food, right?" "...yes." You say, again.

You then go into another room. This one is filled with fitness equipment, such as a treadmill and a hula hoop. Your sister notices a gym membership card on the floor for "Anytime Fitness." "Sister, did your son use to work out or something?" "For a while, he tried to go to the gym so he could get into better shape and pick up girls. But then he kept belching and farting and grossing out the other people at the gym, which led to the management kicking him out." "So instead of learning how to behave himself in public, you allow him to act however the Hell he pleases, right?" "...Yes." You say, defeated.

You then go into one last room. It was once a room where you, your son, and your late husband gathered around and watched TV, but has made it into a makeshift bedroom, with just a couch and the TV on the ground. "Barbara, what is this?" Your sister asked, concerned. "Oh, this is where I sleep!" "...you have been sleeping on a couch this whole time? Barbara, this is how homeless people live!" "I know, but we couldn't afford another bed after the fire, and my son had to use the money for the upkeep of the Temple and..." "So while he blows every dollar you two have, living like royalty as if he was God himself, you have been living in squalor?!?" "Sister, please understand, he is my son, and he sees himself as a Goddess!"

Your sister then let's out a deep sigh before she walks down a hallway before yelling. "That's it, time to clean up this pigsty!" She says before she starts tearing down the posters of your son's artwork along with random Anime girls. This causes you to freak out and you try to stop her shouting, "Sister, what are you doing? This is a sacred Temple and..." "Your son is nearly 40 years old, and acts like a child! It's about time he learns how to be a grown Goddamn man!" She yells as she continues to tear down posters one after another. She then grabs a big box and starts to cram the toys and Lego figures into it! While still panicking, you say "Please stop, this is my son's collection and..." "I'm sorry sister, but the money that went into this should of went to the house payments!" She then grabs another big box and starts to pack your son's Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch consoles into it along with some other video games. Shaken up, you ask "W-what are you going to do with all that?" "We are going to try to sell the video games for money towards house payments, and as for the toys, we are either giving them away or throwing them into the trash!" You continue to freak out as they go to the kitchen next and throw out all the moldy and rotting food next before throwing away dishes you have kept for a long time before they were stained by old grease. They then go into your son's room and do the same thing: tearing down the posters while boxing up his toys and throwing out the trash. You nearly have a stroke when you see them throwing out artwork of your son's favorite character, Sonichu. You again try to stop them, but Tom stops you as Harriett throws another box of smoke and fire damaged toys into the dumpster.
A picture taken outside of Chris-Chan's room.

Hours later, long after Tom and Harriet left, the walls of the house are now cleaned off and your house stands barren of anything resembling Pokemon, My Little Pony, and Sonichu. You sit down at your newly cleaned off table and eat your heated up plate of Banquet spaghetti and meatballs as you watch another episode from an ancient sitcom. You sip on your tea and sigh, realizing that if your son ever comes home anytime soon, he would be quite pissed...
© Copyright 2021 Rossthefox (rossthefox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2263683-Cleaning-up-the-House