*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2264075-New-Year-New-Love
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2264075
Writer's Cramp
He kept his New Year's resolution until the last day of the year. Why was he giving it up now?

Cut back to Christmas Eve 2020. Dan is sitting in the restaurant waiting for Naomi. Everything is planned. Champagne, violins, roses, ring. Then he gets the text. 'Not coming, met someone else. Bye, Naomi.'

Christmas spent under the duvet. New Year's Eve still there. Resolution - To have nothing more to do with women, ever!

Then he saw her. It was Christmas Eve 2021. Must not give in, must not give in. But those eyes. Dan found out her name was Gaynor. She was new to the office. The New Year's office party was looming. Should he ask her to be his date? Remember the resolution. Remember the resolution. But those eyes.

He did it, he asked her. The last day of the year and his resolution was gone. As he kissed her under the mistletoe he thought 'New Year, new love.'

161 words (written in 13 minutes)
© Copyright 2021 Odessa Molinari (omstar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2264075-New-Year-New-Love