*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2264337-The-White-and-Dark-ones-chapter-6-7
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by SamMc
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2264337
The eclipse is almost here and Philhaz and his team are stuck in a disastrous situation

Chapter six
Disasters before the eclipse

Preparing for the eclipse was a drag. We all had heaps of small boring duty’s to do encase something serious happened.
Of course sometimes one of our territories was completely taken over and in case that happened, supplies Needed to be spread out.
Once the eclipse was over they were blinded from the light and we managed to kill off most of the ones who stayed.
Suddenly someone stood in our path.
"Hello boy's, fancy a ride?" said a beautiful older lady, with rough teeth, reaching out to us.
Hamkirk burst into laughter. “Were underage but I'd be keen for a jam!” He said, and even though she looked twice his age, she reached for him.
"Where are you from, my beauty?" She asked as she wrapped her arms around him. Sadly it was Typical of her kind, trying to get in with the rich academy kids.
Vedin yells out. "He's from Eastside by the warehouse, in on the corner of Mainsail Street."
She stopped still, her face changed. "Get away from me you dirty shits!" She said viciously.
Vedin dropped to the ground laughing as Hamkirk went after her.
"He’s joking! I'm no scholarship boy. Hey!" He called after her But she was off.
Hamkirk turned on us in a mini rage, staring us down."Oi dicks! That's the first half decent looking one that's ever tried it on with me.” But we just laughed harder.
“Mind your own business!" Hamkirk said, still raging.
“She looked twice your mother’s age!” I said, grinning, before he came at me fast.
He tackled me to the ground, as I cried with laughter at the expression on his face. I couldn't fight back, the look on his face had been priceless. He rubbed his hand all over my face then turned on the others, but they ran away, fast.
"Sorry; the only girl in our squads not keen on me! Maybe if I showed her my huge junk, she'll change her mind," Hamkirk said coldly at me.
Now that wiped the laugh off my face. Prick. That's a low blow, and he shouldn’t talk about Clare like that. I went dark and pushed him angrily.
I could tell he wanted a go, I could see it in his face he wanted to fight. I grit my teeth and prepared myself, but the boys were on to it, they jumped in grabbing us.
Vedin attempting to calm the situation. "Come on boys, we all know Hamkirk is utterly beautiful and can get any girl, or boy, he wishes. Now grow up girls.”
I stopped and calmed a little, and smiled, how would I feel in his position? That got me out of my grump a bit. Then I took a few deep breaths, also telling myself to calm down.
Hamkirk relaxed a bit as well, and grinned. "Imagine her looks, my power. Our children would be unstoppable!"
We all laughed a little, he was freakishly strong after all.
"Maybe your real father is the lord commander, because your father is tiny mate. I’d question your mother," I said in a friendly.
He glared at me, then smiled. "Maybe your right, and I should go claim my Inheritance as son of the leader of the realm!"
Gust snorted and says, "I'd love to see your mum's reaction to all that."
Hamkirk sniggered at him. "Old Gust, always a kill joy, maybe I should take a step into your shoes, Mr plain Jane," said Hamkirk.
Gust looked annoyed. "Sorry I don't enjoy sneaking around, getting drunk and trying to sleep with anything that breathes!"
Vedin stepped in between them. "That's enough! Hamkirk, get over your shit, what’s up with you and start doing some bloody work. The rest of you, shut the hell up! Let's get this over with. I know it’s boring but get over it!"
We moved on carrying boxes of food back to our academy and then we were directed inside for more crap jobs.
We ended up cleaning and clearing up the hall. It was so stuff didn't get stolen when heaps of civilians packed out the hall when the eclipse happened.
It was slow, boring ass work, with a lot of taking stuff off of walls and moving into another room for the instructors to lock up. It was taking forever and we were getting hounded by older students while we did it.
Thankfully, after this, we had to help with the hospital lock down. It would be a good break from being with these tosses, and after that, we had to run through the drill of where we were stationed in the bunker.
An hour or two passed slowly and we were finally finishing up. Clare was off with instructor Mortess on some women’s retreat. We all thought it was bullshit because we would all much rather go on a retreat then this.
It always was right before the eclipse when all the crappie jobs had to be done.
We were now on our way to the hospital when we spotted instructor Mortess, and all the women, walking out of the side hall classroom.
Hamkirk stared at them bitterly. "What's with this bullshit, why the hell do they get special treatment? Women are meant to be just as ruthless and hard done by as us. You think I want to be doing this?"
"It's your rich arse lot in life, so quit complaining. It's far tougher on the poor,” said Vedin sadly. “The women get thrown out on the street because they are not strong enough to fight. Then parents can't afford to feed them, so they're left alone to fend for themselves."
Hamkirk looked at him. "Well then, I should have lines of lady's after me. I’d be more than happy to take a few under my wing,” he grinned, with a dodgy look on his face.
Vedin glanced at him with a bit of anger. "You have no idea do you? They all hang round the barracks trying to seduce real men, not joke time boys, like you and me."
Gust looked at Vedin. "Do you know a few of them, maybe a sister, or two?"
Gust leaped back just in time to dodge the tackle. Gust shocked with the sudden explosion from the usually calm Vedin. I Quickly jumped in, holding him back.
"Remember what you were just telling Hamkirk. Come on, calm down," I said, hoping the lie worked.
Vedin gathered himself, breathing deeply, then he looked at Gust with a cold as stare.
"Yeah mate, it's where my mother hung around all her life, until my scholarship. Now she’s got a wee house where she gets shit faced all day and yes, I do have sisters out there. They are struggling on the streets where they were thrown out, for being of no use to our people. One day I hope to earn enough to get them out of there.”
Gust looked like he was going to be sick. "I'm sorry man I didn't.."
"Shut the hell up, will you! Half of those lot are worth a thousand of the likes of you, you stuck up rich prick!" and he turned, walking away.
We all walked on in silence. I was missing Ian at this moment. Ian was stuck helping his family move all their belongings to there holiday safe house, but at least I was still with friends.
No one said anything for a bit, everyone's damn tensions were always high before an eclipse. We slowly caught up with Vedin and We started jogging along one of the military paths to the hospital.
It was pretty safe for us down here, with all the laws in place for safe keeping of the military roads.
We heard yelling from behind and turned to see
Clare yelling out to us.
Clare caught up with us and smiled at our surprised faces.
“I got bored of all the chitchat we were forced to endure so I thought I’d come help,” she said before we could say a word. Vedin just grunted and kept moving and Clare instantly noticed there was something going on.
I figured I'd try and lighten the mood and started teasing her a bit.
"Wow; finally turned up to do something now,” I said lightly and loudly.
I thought it sounded alright but she straight away didn't look too impressed, at all. A great way to make things better, piss off the one person who wasn’t already pissed off, I thought uselessly.
I went to shutting my mouth right up, which was probably for the best. We arrived at the hospital, which was far too open and easily assessable.
There were air holes everywhere, and some of the white marble walls were so thin you could probably punch through them. I would definitely say, it was one of the worst hospitals around. There was no way everyone here would all fit in the bunker below or be safe.
We slowly moved in. It was a mad house as we entered, and we had to figure out who to report to. There were so many people trying to get in and out, and it turned out it was our job to be in charge of door control. To make sure people who weren’t sick, weren't coming in and hiding here, as they started moving the sick into the bunkers.
So much stuff would get stolen from our own people at this time. The orderlies were just to busy sorting out the bunkers for the very ill.
Clare and Vedin went off to help move some patients for some of the nurses, leaving Gust, Hamkirk and I guarding the main entrance. We had a nurse outside with us checking for proof people weren’t just freely entering and we stood there simply as the muscle.
Hours went by outside, with us only letting a few people in. None of them were actually strong enough to challenge us. Even though we were under half the age of most of the people that came trying to get in. We probably could of managed to do this with just one of us and the nurse, but none of us really wanted the job to help move old cripples into the bunkers.
We had just been told we could go on a break and so were about to go find Clare and Vedin.
Suddenly I heard something like a roaring. We all then looked at each other in confusion for a split second. Hamkirk opened his mouth to say something just as the ground lifted up like a sharp jolt. We were all knocked into the air, and off our feet.
Cracks appeared around us and everyone in the hospital was going wild, screaming, as some of the building caved in. We stood back scared, as the people just poured out of there. I couldn’t help it but I started to panic and I was saying in my head over and over, I don’t want to die, I don't want to die. We ran away from the entrance and stared back as people ran out.
The nurse began helping people out and waved at us to do the same.
Then another jolt happened and again we were knocked down, but not as bad. People who were half way out of the building were tossed aside as a major crack appeared, ripping a path through the hospital.
Earthquakes were very rare, and this was definitely the biggest I’d ever felt by a mile.
"Holy shit, the building looks bad!” Gust stated with concern. “I think the building is going down."
"Clare! Vedin!" I yelled, as fear for them suddenly flooded me.
"We can't go in there. The building is about to completely collapse!” Hamkirk said, grabbing me as I tried to move towards the hospital.
I went ballistic, throwing myself around to break free from his grip, then I sprinted in, blocking out my fears. I must find them, I thought, then there was another jolt. I tried to keep my balance but I went over, as the wall ahead of me began bowing then exploded outwards. Those people in beside it were covered in bits of wall. I paused It looked bad and they didn’t move so I carried on.
I got back up on my feet again and sprinted through the corridor. People were helping wounded people out everywhere down here, and I was swamped by people heading the opposite way, trying to escape.
Hamkirk appeared behind me, looking ill. He grabbed me and started to drag me back again, but I fought back.
“We need to find them!” I insisted.
"They could be anywhere mate, we don’t know where they could be! Let's help a few people out and get out ourselves. The soldiers and first aid will be here to assist soon, and Clare and Vedin are probably already out of here. They are smart man now let’s go." Hamkirk said through gritted teeth, as he continued to wrestle with me.
"I'd do this for you mate, so either get the hell out of my way, or help me search!" I yelled, and he stopped then, took a deep breath, and let go of me.
“Alright, let’s move,” he responded, both defeated and demoralised.
We ran on checking each room as fast as possible, calling out to them. There were a few rumbles and slight shakes but nothing bad. People were screaming and pushing past us as they tried to escape the collapsing building. There were large cracks in the ceiling and some had given way and there were bodies under the rubble. We now checked the bodies quickly and none of them were our guys.
"We need to check up stairs," Hamkirk said , looking at me like 'you piece of shit you're going to kill me in here'.
We climbed one of the stair cases and it was all empty up here. From what we could see no one was here, but we could hear many yelling for help so carefully made our way towards the sounds. A lot of the floor was cracked and we were taking our time getting over to the voices.
We came to a dead end where the hallway had crashed down. There was too much rubble to move but we could hear the voices still beyond it.
“What do we do, they must trapped behind there?” I said feeling defeated. Hamkirk frowned looking at me, then he suddenly went into a nearby room.
“There must be another way we can get through to there!” and he searched round finding a huge blunt object of debris. He started smashing it into the wall.
I stood back for a moment, watching in awe the brute strength and determination of him, then I joined him. It felt like nothing was happening, then a small bit cracked, so we kept going. Sweat was pouring down my face when it finally caved in. Hamkirk surged through and we both went in to the corridor. Finally we saw someone and it was Clare.
Clare was alive, although a complete mess. Clare stopped trying to move the rubble and we freaked out as we saw Vedin was under it not moving. Her eyes lit up with hope and she flung herself at us.
“Help me!,” she screamed and we all started lifting the pieces of debris on Vedin.
Hamkirk and I pulled Vedin free, and Clare nearly fell down from exhaustion. She had a cut across her eye an a massive bruise on her head.
"Tell me what happened," I said.
“ We were fine after the first shock and were trying to get out. Then the second one hit and I fell down badly, and then the ground caved and the wall collapsed in on us. Vedin took the blunt of it for me," she said looking down at him. "I hope he's going to be alright."
Vedin opened his eyes at that moment, he straight away tried to stand up and gave a wounded grin.
" Hello! I'll be fine guys," he said, but then he slumped back into us hurt.
We made our way to the exit but we all had to brace ourselves as another rumble came rolling through.
Hamkirk was carrying Vedin even though it annoyed Vedin being carried like a baby. Thankfully it wasn’t too bad and nothing too dramatic happened. We then moved as fast as we could towards the exit.
We got out with no more issues. People were getting evacuated left, right and centre. Most were being taken to the only other hospital in our realm, the rich one in our district.
Clare and Vedin were getting taken together. Although she was only a minor priority, she needed a-lot of stitches. They took the two of them off.
I wish I'd been there to protect her, a small little voice inside my head, said.
We stayed and helped as best we could, many were buried underground alive and teams were trying to get them free.
People were also coming in towards the hospital not realising it was destroyed.
The city was going crazy, and we were stuck in the middle of it. There was a lot of fear and soldiers started getting rough with people. This kind of disaster right before an eclipse was awful, a lot of safe houses would be completely exposed now.
We had to do hours of work and adults were giving us stupid unimportant jobs to do. Hamkirk and I eventually ditched Gust and thought we would go see how Vedin and Clare were doing.
It took us ages to get there, then we were held up trying to get in and actually find them. Finally , a nice slave Hamkirk knew, said he had seen them and directed us to where they were. I was over the moon that we were finally heading in the right direction.
Hamkirk went around the corner first and stopped in front of me before he turned abruptly, grabbing me suddenly, and pulling me back away from the door.
"Hamkirk, are they there? What are you doing?" I said surprised.
He looked out of his mind, so what was going on?
"We have to go, trust me man, let's go."
I was completely confused but no way was I going. I yanked him to the side, pulled him away, and ran around the corner.
I didn't know what I was looking at, at first, then it started to sink in. Clare was lying half on top of Vedin, and then I clicked, they were kissing each other. My brain didn’t want to register it. I felt sick, like time had stopped. I turned and moved away, just breathing but not breathing, hurt rising up in me.
No! No; what, why? My brain felt scrambled. Hamkirk grabbed me and basically carried me away. Not saying anything.
"I'm so sorry Philhaz, I know you love her,” he said sadly.
He paused, hugged me, and looked into my eyes. “I also have had feelings for Clare for years. I’ve known her since we could walk, and before our teenage years we were like, best friends. But then things changed over the year’s, and one day, I just knew in my heart, she'd never look twice at me, ever." He turned away.
I looked up at him, I would never have known or guessed it! And even in my despair, I felt for him. He had known we had a thing and still protected me, he truly was a great guy. Life’s just bullshit I thought.
I smiled a sad smile at him, he probably hide’s all this with his humour and bullshit. I imagined how he must have felt towards me, and also seeing Vedin just now.
"Thank you Hamkirk, I'm sorry too. Thank you so much for your honesty. You’re a really great guy, and if a lady doesn’t see that, then, that’s their loss."
He grinned at me. "Yeah I know bro, and once I'm lord commander, every lady is going to want all of this," he started rubbing his hands all over his body.
I grinned at him, he was truly one of a kind. "Yeah man, save some for the rest of us. I'm going to head off home now bro, I'll catch you later, take care and thanks, honestly."


Chapter seven
The Dark one’s attack

“SOON LADS SOON!” I yelled and raised my blade. Cheers and roars could be heard as our people exploded with excitement and approval. We waited on at the borders of our enemies lands.
However, the daughter sat nearby not a care in the world and looking a little unimpressed. Her head was held up in her hands and elbows on her knees. Ungrateful brat I thought, and I gave her a hard look. She returned the stare and her eyes glinted a little with hate.
Good, let her hate me I thought. She was strong because of it. No mother and a warrior chieftain bred weaklings and she certainly wasn’t.
“Girl! Get here now!” I bellowed.
She slowly stood and slumped over unenthusiastically. She came closer, looking half asleep, although her eyes were taking in what she was walking towards. She would not be struck by a man and I wouldn’t dear try in my condition. I would sooner take my own life then go through the embarrassment of being potentially downed by my own daughter.
“What is it father” she asked as she arrived in front of me and for a moment my anger subsided. I thought about saying something to her of meaning, how proud I was of her and that she was more beautiful then all the great lands of our people combined.
I sighed and sagged a little and for a moment and she saw me for who I now was, an old broken man. I saw sympathy in her eyes and instantly I wasn’t okay with that.
If she was to lead our people she needed to be ruthless and strong. I quickly grit my teeth and brought back the fire, I am not that person I roared in my head.
“ENOUGH PLAYING AROUND CHILD! You are a chieftains daughter now act like one! Go and bring me Anzac and a few others and ready yourselves, I wish to speak with them!”
Her face had gone from soft to as hard as nails in seconds and she didn’t speak but walked off. I turned around and I saw Julik out of the corner of my eye and the old man shook his head slightly at me.
“What are you looking at old man!” I yelled and stormed over at him, He met my glare head on with a cold stare and stood to face me.
“Another old man! You could’ve told her the truth” he said softly, I shook my head and turned away.
“I don’t want to hear it!”
“This is your last chance to tell one of your children the truth! Tell the girl you love her and that the death of her mother all but destroyed you! There’s no shame in it now,”
Warriors around us began to look and I froze as rage came burning into me. I roared and grabbed my axe and smashed it into a nearby tree and I unleashed my anger. I kept going howling as the fire in me built. I turned to Julik and pointed at him.
“Anymore words and that will be you! You hear me!”
Julik shook his head and walked away. I breathed heavily and walked off to sit alone. I looked at my arm and it was trembling badly and the pounding was starting.
“Stupid!” I said out loud and I cursed myself for a fool.
Suddenly the girl walked through some trees with the warriors I’d asked for. I’d seen around, most were older then her by a lot but I knew they were reliable.
“Good, now leave us child”
She looked at them and back at me, then she shrugged her shoulders and stormed off. As soon as she was gone I stood and eyeballed them individually. They buckled a little under my stare but who wouldn’t against a crazy chieftain. They were of good stock that I knew for sure.
“You four are to watch over my daughter. All your glory will be shared. However you will receive twice the amount from my own share. And if something happens to you, you will be honoured greatly.”
They nodded a little greedily, the Chieftain received one in fifteen of everyone’s scores during the eclipse. Good, I thought. They were happy to do this, she would be safe and they would be rich.
“Good, quickly relay this information to Colin because, it’s time. Let us get in position..”
Our army stood close to the grey zone and all were now ready. The reports from scouts were also in and it was time.
Word quickly spread and soon all warriors were on their feet with weapons in hand, howling and beating their chests. The woods were alive with the sound of our people and goosebumps ran all over my body with excitement. Chants of all kinds began and I lead a few myself.
“WHO ARE WE?” I roared.
“Death!” Hundreds of men yelled.
WHO ARE WE?”
“LIFE!”
“LET’S SHOW THEM EARLY!!”
A mighty roar went out and I pulled my mask which let me see in the light on and began running through the forest.
Hundreds of warriors were hot on my tail. The chosen war leader from the tournament sprinted passed me and gave a wave, I chuckled thinking good lad leading the men in.
We burst out of the forest and the brightness hit us, however the masks did their job. Hundreds of our men came through roaring into the open, all energised by the momentum of each other.
The huge wall came into sight and I hesitated as I realised I was going to have to try climb it basically with one arm.
Shit, where’s the closest gate, could we crash it open I thought quickly. We could make it look like it’s for all our people?
Their men were retreating on top of the wall, pathetic I thought. They weren’t even going to try hold us back until the eclipse.
Then suddenly everything went a little darker and I ripped off my mask and yelled with excitement as the last of the light disappeared.
This is just what I needed, I felt alive, my body was pumped on adrenaline and life or death mattered not.
“Destroy this gate!!” I yelled as we headed towards it. I looked back and I could Now see thousands and thousands of other warriors storming in from our lands. They came from everywhere and had no battle formations or anything. Just a straight charge
Warriors began scaling the walls and met little resistance as most of them had retreated into narrow tunnels where they fought viciously. You wanted to be careful which one you attacked, some were death holes as they speared you through the walls as you came inside.
Men hacked at the gate while others went over and around it to release the bolts that held it. Suddenly I saw my daughter up on the wall blades in hand fighting with several others against men attacking out of a tunnel. She spun and parried cutting one down and dodged another and was then supported by Anzac and the others.
I longed to be up there! But there was no way I could make that climb in time and be useful.
The gate bar was lifted and opened. We cheered and many of us pored in. I ran upstairs towards the fight with my daughter to join the fight, however as I arrived they had finished them off.
I turned back disappointed.
“Hurry up! Let’s find that giant!” I yelled to the warriors along the wall and I turned back down the stairs.
Going back down I had to be a little careful of my weak leg as I jogged down it. The war leader and a few others were in a group, probably organising where our men were. I approached and acknowledged Them with a nod and then listened in. They prattled on about a few things and I shook my head and said.
“We will continue heading deeper with the main force and make sure the scouts are sent out in search of large forces. He will have the strongest with him and through that We should have him found, the trouble is keeping everyone together”
“Leave that to me!” The war chief bellowed. The others nodded as I wandered off. Stupid busy bodies, our warriors would do that regardless of folks being sent to do it.
I spotted Julik, Colin and a few others and limped to them. I was a little sore from running up the stairs to fast, Julik grinned at my clear pain.
“Not a word, you others spread the word to stay as one and let’s get a move on”
He nodded and pointed, suddenly our people began running fast towards a team of maybe a hundred demons. A small surprise they had attacked without warning into our flank.
“WITH ME” I yelled and I drew my axe. I charged in, not looking to see who followed and ran towards the cloud of white. Two demons with long spears charged at me head on and I quickly battered away a spear. However I missed another and it stabbed into my armour and piercing my chest a little bit. It stopped me in my tracks and I reversed the swing of my axe. I batter the spear away and catapulted My axe into the one who stabbed me. It caught him in the right collarbone and the armour folded and snapping bone could be heard as it buried deep into him.
His comrade took another poke at me and luckily help arrived as I couldn’t get my axe out in time. Colin appeared with his short daggers and moved in for the kill ramming a blade up under his mask killing him straight away.
“These pricks are tougher then they look!” I called out as we engaged more fighters. I couldn’t hear his responses and the warriors we faced began retreating as our numbers started to overwhelm them.
They fought us off until they hid in a tunnel and only a few men could go in at a time.
“We are wasting fucking time here! Let’s move on boy’s!” I called and thankfully many put their weapons away. A few stayed to keep them pinned down from attacking our rear. You could spend a hole eclipse trying to get cowards out of a hole like that.
“BORIS!” Someone shouted and I looked up on a roof to see a few men there. “What!” I yelled back.
“The giant is located”
“You here that men! Let’s go!”
What was left of our fighters followed at Hast and looking round we perhaps only had maybe six hundred with us. It didn’t matter I thought darkly, as long as I find him. I glanced around as I realised I hadn’t seen my daughter since the wall and looking around I knew she wasn’t here. I cursed under my breath, where could she be.
“Someone find my daughter!” I shouted at the nearby warriors and a few scootered off looking for her.
Useless child! She’s probably sitting down somewhere watching the view. As we continued men pored down different alleyways and over roofs, some fighting could be heard as demons attacked out through barred Windows and opened doors allowing a fighter or two in. Those men wouldn’t be seen again usually, unless the occupants Of the house weren’t out numbering those they let in.
We carried on as small battles raged on all around us, I turned to see my daughter had arrived. I smiled at her and she looked confused, did I know how to smile? What did that look like to her I thought. The scout warrior up ahead called back.
“They are through these alleyways here and in a small clearing!”
Julik, Colin and some of my other long term warrior buddies drew their weapons again. We pushed through into the small clearing and stopped. The demons through this area were already crushing a small group of our people but not of our tribe. I raised a fist to signal to holt and wait a moment for more of our men to catch up. It was obvious we were outnumbered by four or five to one and I sensed a few disappearing at the back.
“Father, there are to many of them” My daughter said in a worried tone.
I turned and my daughter stood beside gazing in horror at the number we were now facing.
“Nonsense! We are stronger and faster, we will have them!” I said aggressively, then I spoke quietly so only she could hear.
“If it goes to shit you get outta here okay? Now go stand with Anzac and the others you hear me!”
“You don’t look to good” she said quietly. There was a moment where I wished I could freeze the world and be honest with her but The moment passed as our men looked to me to start the fight. I turned to face our enemies and embraced who I truly was.
“DEATH TO THE DEMONS!” I bellowed summoning all my strength. This was it death and possible glory. I began the charge and ignored the pain reaching my full pace.
Many passed me as we raced towards them and our line crashed into them. Sword on sword was everywhere and we drove them back. These idiots didn’t have the shield control that a couple of the other teams had and we forced them back.
The giant was not near the fighting yet and I pushed on towards him carving a bloody path. He was all I cared about.
Suddenly their men began retreating and we followed hungrily cutting down weak demon after demon. Their retreat suddenly changed and our men who were up ahead hit a wall and were cut down.
Shield men let them through and closed the gaps as any passed. The shield men held their ground and we crashed into them full force. The line bowed a bit but none got through.
For a moment we paused as they hid behind their huge tower shields, then suddenly from above on nearby buildings many appeared and fired down on us.
Our warriors attention became divided as some went to attack those on the roofs and others jumped the wall of shields only to be cut down.
The worst was yet to come, the shield wall opened up and demons ran in screaming battle cries at us as they charged us unexpectedly. Although the problem was that the giant now lead them.
He crashed into our men and began smashing into us, he looked like a giant beetle.
A man was almost flattened to the waist as he smashed his mace down on him full force.
I fought harder digging deep into myself and drawing in on a rage. I powered into them cutting down the demons as they came at us. I was to the side of the giant and I forced a path towards him.
A sword dinged against my side and I felt my armour give way, I turned on the culprit And angrily cut him down. Julik and Colin joined my side fighting hard and together with others we created a spearhead in the enemy charge.
We were stronger, we were faster, we will finish them I told myself and as quickly as the Momentum started to shift in our favour again. Something knew happened. The giant seeing the threat, charged into the side of us and Clobbered Several of our men over.
He was on a rampage and swatting our men like fly’s. I’d never seen anything like it, he and a few others cut us off from the rest of our warriors and twenty of us now stood in a now circle fighting for our lives.
Their people had now renewed strength in knowing we were doomed.
Julik muttered something under his breath but I couldn’t hear him, our numbers were dropping quickly.
I saw my daughter fighting desperately on the other side trying to get to me. She and a few others were hammering into the mass that surrounded us.
It was a pointless attempt but it had gained the attention of the giant and he began making his way towards her small group.
“NO!” I yelled,”ON ME MEN!”
Without turning to see if I had any support I cut down two men in my rage and I roared. I charged towards the giant, he was only a few meters away from me and I roared more in anger. The giant paused and turned towards me.
I cut down another of his men and then took a blade to the neck. I went down for a second. Julik jumped on the man and two others ran to my defence cutting them down.
I climbed to my knees to see Julik fighting in front of me and Then something happened I didn’t understand. Julik flew passed me so fast it was like gravity had been turned sideways. Where he was, only blood remained and the giant with lightning speed, thundered into what was left of our group.
I went to attack him but suddenly I felt pain down my side and I looked over to see a demon had put a blade through my bicep and into my ribs. I tried to turn my axe but half dropped it as my arm was numb. I looked over to see that our men were in a fighting retreat, don’t die my daughter, I thought. Then I looked up in time to see the huge mace flying down towards my face and everything went dark.








© Copyright 2022 SamMc (sammc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2264337-The-White-and-Dark-ones-chapter-6-7