*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2264445-Enchanted-Love
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Folklore · #2264445
Not A Faerie Tale...
Enchanted Love.

By Stephen A Abell – Sunday, January 2nd 2022.

Number of Words – 300.



He was gobsmacked. The last thing he had expected to see this night was an unclothed woman running through The Enchanted Forest. Granted, “Enchanted” pretty much meant all bets were off. He remembered three pigs living in a brick house, a family of bears being home-invaded by a golden-haired human child, and he could not forget, though he had tried, the cross-dressing and species-fluid wolf. So why had this lady-of-the-night affected him so(?)

She had been lithe and light of foot. Her raven hair billowed out behind her, catching the starlight. She was beauty personified.

Without a thought, he scampered after the ethereal vision.

He came upon her in a clearing. By the light of the moon, he noted how droplets of water glistened and caressed their way down her alabaster skin. His eyes traced one descending through the valley of her breasts, southward to the lake of her belly button, where the tide carried it onto the opposite shore and onward towards her own enchanted forest.

He moved forward. The hubbub drew her attention, and their eyes met. The air crackled with electric chemistry.

“Who are you?” He asked.

“I don’t know,” came the whispered reply. “I awoke by the lake and fear I may be under an enchantment.”

“I to, know of magics. I once was a Prince cursed into a frogs body: loves kiss resurrected me.” He stepped forward and took her in his arms, and sighed. “Maybe my kiss will revert your glamour.”

Their lips met, and the forest fell silent. The charged air in front of his face forsook him. Opening his eyes, he espied only the forest. She was gone.

“Ribbit!”

Looking down, he saw the polliwog betwixt his feet. As he gently picked her up, he thought, sometimes I hate this chuffing forest.




© Copyright 2022 Pennywise (pennywise at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2264445-Enchanted-Love