*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2264772-Owl-Cofe
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #2264772
I took my beloved Kyoko, who loves animals, to an "Owl Cofe". ……
I'm a few months into my first year of high school this spring. In my class, there is a girl called Kyoko-chan.Kyoko-chan is a good and kind girl who loves animals. I was secretly in love with Kyoko-chan. But I couldn't talk to her. Unlike Kyoko-chan, I didn't like animals, and I couldn't find anything in common with her.

In class, I stared at the nape of Kyoko-chan's neck as she sat diagonally in front of me. She had her long hair in a ponytail and her pale nape was exposed, as if she was trying to seduce me. Oh, my beautiful Kyoko-chan. What am I supposed to do?

After school, I decided to ask Nakano-senpai, a member of the manga club, for advice. Nakano-senpai is a good-natured and reliable person.

"Well, ……Nakano-senpai. I'd like to talk to you about something.I'm not sure what to make of it to do."


""You want to ask me how you can confess your love for her to her your precious, Kyoko-chan. don't you?"

"What? What? Why ……?"

"Hmmm. I'm sure anyone can see it in you. And everyone in the second year knows that you love Kyoko-chan."

"Oh, no! What should I do?"

I could feel my face was hot, but my back was cold.

"Well…… You know, Kyoko-chan is an animal lover, isn't she? Why don't you invite her to the new owl cafe?"

"Owl Cafe ……"

That's right. It's a good excuse to ask Kyoko out.


On Friday, I took the plunge and approached Kyoko-chan.

"I've recently found a new owl cafe on ……. I know you like animals, so If you want, can we go together on one of the weekends?"

Kyoko-chan was silent for a moment, but she soon smiled.


"Yeah, that's good. I love owls. Let's go."

did it. I was in a heavenly mood. We exchanged our LINE addresses and I went home.


Sunday. The appointed day. I was wondering what I should wear. When I got all dressed up like it was a date, I might be shunned, but I don't want to look too tacky either. But I realized that I didn't have much in the way of clothes anyway, so I settled for jeans and a t-shirt as usual.
I was in front of the owl café 20 minutes before the meeting time. After all, the first time is the most important. I didn't want to keep Kyoko-chan waiting. I looked through the window and saw several owls. There really are real owls here. I wonder what Kyoko-chan will think? I started to get excited.

"How wonderful that you know such a nice cafe, Harada-kun!"

or …….no.


"Sorry, did you wait?"

At last, Kyoko arrived. Just in time.

"No, I just got here too."

Kyoko-chan was wearing a chic white gathered blouse and a tight beige skirt, looking much more mature than she did at school.My heart skipped a beat at the thought of her getting all dressed up for me.


"All right, let's go in."

We opened the fancy door.


Inside the cofe there were retro wooden tables and chairs. In the corner there was a perch for the owls, who were tied to their legs with leashes. I was expecting more of a smell, but it was surprisingly odourless.

Let's get something to drink first."

"Right. I'll have a …… caramel macchiato."

"I'll have a coffee blend."

The waitress comes to take our order,and said,

"You can touch the owl, if you like."

"Yes. ……. No, not now. Later."

I sncerd.


"All right. You can call me when you're ready."


The waiter smiled, took the order and disappeared behind the counter.


"It's kind of exciting to actually see an owl up close, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is. I've wanted to come here for a long time. Thank you for inviting me."

"Yes, ha ha."

That's a good feeling. It was the right decision to invite me here. Thank you, Nakano-senpai.


As I sipped my coffee blend, I tried to think of something to talk to her. But nothing came to mind. After a while of drinking my coffee in silence, Kyoko-chan opened her mouth.

"That's a barn owl, next to it is a Ural owl, and over there is a Tate owl."

"Oh,You know a lot about them, don't you?"


"Yes.They're all so beautiful and cute."

Kyoko-chan spoke excitedly. I was convinced that today's date would be a success.


"Kyoko-chan. Would you like to touch an owl?"

"Yes. Yes."

I approached the waitress and asked to touch the owls. She led us to a perch and perched one of the owls on Kyoko-chan's arm.


"This is a barn owl,"

she said.

"It appeared in the Harry Potter films."

The barn owl, with its white human-like face, tilted its head humorously. Kyoko-chan was staring at the owl, trying to control her excitement. Then, as if she could no longer contain her excitement, she spoke passionately to me with moist eyes.

"Harada-kun ……. Thank you.I…… can't take it anymore."

What? I'm not sure what to say. It's not a good idea to be lusting after someone here. There is a time and a place ……!


Kyoko-chan took out a pair of scissors from her pocket and cut the leash with a bang! I was stunned. The waitress tries to stop her, but Kyoko-chan lifts her chair and slams it against the window. The window shattered.


"Come on, boys! You're free! Go where you want, live where you want!" 

"Hey, Kyoko-chan!"

"Thank you, Harada-kun, for understanding my feelings! I think owls should fly in the wilderness."

"What!?"


After that, the police were called and we got very angry. And for some reason, I had to pay for the shop's expenses.













© Copyright 2022 KaoriYumesaki (kaoriyumesaki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2264772-Owl-Cofe