*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2264989-Its-snowing-again
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #2264989
Flash fiction - The slow recovery of a blind girl and her father
- You aren’t going to believe this! - he said, opening the door of her room and coming to sit in her bed. - It’s snowing again!

She forced a smile but did not move. He touched her hand softly, embracing it with his long and strong fingers.

- Come to… - he stopped briefly and quickly completed. - Come with me.

He stood up and invited her, keeping her hand on his.

- You were about to say… come to see it? - she asked.

He did not answer. It was four months that she had the accident that caused the loss of her vision. It was heartbreaking to see his 23-year old daughter going through this. During this time he went from rage to hope to disappointment and back to hope again. And during all the time he tried to keep his daughter’s spirits high. It was not easy. It was a very difficult task instead. With time he learned that the best thing was to share feelings with her.

- Yes, I was about to say this. Sorry - he said, lowering his head.

- You don’t need to be.

A small tear fell through her cheek and she turn her head to the window on the opposite side of the room. She never liked to show her weakness.

- Come with me - he insisted, pulling her gently in his direction.

She accepted and followed him. That was the first snow of the year. They went outside and he extended her hand, palms up, to collect the big flocks. She has always loved the snow and her eyes used to shine when the world was changing into white.

She extended the other hand and left the snow to cover them slowly. She smiled and it was the first time he had seen that smile again.

- Yes… it’s snowing again!
© Copyright 2022 Nanda 30 (stanze30 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2264989-Its-snowing-again