*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2265125-Dear-Me
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Experience · #2265125
A letter to myself. An entry to WDC Dear Me official contest.
Dear Me,

I know it's not your year as it's for the Tigers and you are a Rooster. However, Rooster people are predicted to have luck in life and finances in 2022. You will see great improvements in your career, wealth, and interpersonal relationships this year, according to the Chinese Highlights  .

Before you get too excited about what year 2022 has in store for you, let’s traverse back and take a look at what the previous years had in store for you and how well you overcame the worst scenarios. I know that most of your experiences were extremely unpleasant to reminisce about, but I still want you to recall them because I want you to realize that those experiences molded you into what you are today. You should also know how proud I am of you because you bravely overcome and fight the pain, heartaches, anxiety, agony, and relentless battle of life.

Because of the raging pandemic, I know (or the world knows) that the past two years weren’t great. You were left with no choice but to follow what the government protocols are. You struggled to avoid early curfews and that you had to stay at home, isolate yourself and live a boring life. You were reluctant about wearing a face mask and a face shield while going out in public, and you realized that it was for your own safety. Your life has changed so much. In spite of this, I know that you are still grateful because this was when you found your special someone—your partner. I don’t like to retell you the whole story of how you met and became lovers because it will be long and tedious and you already know the whole episode.

Fast forward to the middle of 2021. It was your most painful moment when you found out that he cheated, and you had both just celebrated your anniversary. I pitied you on that very day. You cried so much, and I’m glad you were able to make it. I witnessed how you both fixed your relationship and heard him swear that it would never happen again. You were happy until now, and so was he.

Now to the worst part of the year 2021. It was just last month when Typhoon Rai stirred up your place. You were even two days late in knowing that your home was already gone and you almost lost your parents and siblings. You are living in a different city, and all means of communication have been disrupted. Due to fallen trees, highways were inaccessible; there were chasms across streets and broken bridges that prohibited you from going home. Your house collapsed, and it could have been the worst thing if your family was inside. Gladly, they’re all safe with God’s grace and protection. After all, there is always a reason to celebrate Christmas day amidst calamity.

I actually have lots to tell you, but you seem too excited to discover what your life will be in 2022. Well, I’m neither an expert star reader nor a horoscope master, but with Google’s help, I found out that your life this year will be prosperous. Wow! Anyway, I’m not writing this letter to foretell your future, but I am writing this to lay out your plans and goals for this year, both here on Writing.com and in your real life.

Here is the list, in no particular order. Do them whenever you feel like doing them, no pressure. But I expect that you will complete them before the end of December. I’m watching. So, without much ado, here they go:

1. You will be reviewing and assisting more Writing.Com members, particularly newcomers.At least two reviews each for at least 10 newbies in a week. I can see that you have already started doing it, and that’s great!

2. Increase the amount of time you spend blogging.Get committed to writing new and interesting blog entries. Kare Enga has been tagging you to rejoin the 30 Day Blogging Challenge because their current prompts are the best. And before I forget, your blogger site (Flecks of Varied Colors  ) has never been updated since November of last year. You have to work on that and add something for your readers to read.

3. Write about something that is outside of your comfort zone. I know you’re a poetry lover, but I believe that writing different types of composition is a great achievement. Try to widen your horizons, work on your storytelling skills, and then start crafting chapters of a novel. Consider participating in NaNoWriMo this year. I will certainly cheer for you in that.

4. Find a way to increase your blog's traffic and improve your search engine optimization. Write/Blog about something that interests many to gather more traffic.

5. What about your poetry collection book draft? Are you going to let it sleep for another year? Work on it, polish it, and prepare it to be published. Who can say?

6. Discussing life, specifically your love life, in detail, you know you are already happy and contented with him because of the fact that you will be two years together this coming April 13th. I think it’s already time to have a heart-to-heart talk with your parents. All your siblings already know about your relationship with this guy, and they have happily accepted you both. But what about your parents? How long are you going to hide this from them? They deserve to know who you are living with and who you really are. Have the courage to confess to them while it’s not too late.

7. You are starting to invest a few bucks in an online business, and you are earning. You must start investing heavily and prepare yourself to take higher risks. You know that the higher the risk, the greater the return. You could become rich with that (fingers crossed).

8. I’m glad you started saving up for the future; it’s a huge thing. Keep doing it for the rest of the year or even the following years.

9. Look in the mirror!You’re so thin and appear malnourished. Fifty-two kilograms (52 kg) isn’t the right weight for your age. You’re a guy, 28 years old, and your body mass index (BMI) falls below normal. You really and badly need to gain weight.

10. Eat more healthy food. I know how much you hate meat, especially beef and other types other than fish and pork, but try something new. Keep being a vegan and add something to your preference that gives out protein. Please limit or avoid junk food altogether.

11.You appear weak and sickly. Perhaps it’s time for you to visit a doctor (I can’t remember the last time you visited a doctor or a nutritionist) and ask for a prescription on how to gain weight. Take multivitamins on a daily basis. You can always skip taking your vitamins.

12. You’ve been exposed to various sources of radiation—from your company computers, your cellphones, and your iPad. Limit your exposure time to these gadgets. Limit the time you spend playing your online games.

13. Go to bed early and get eight hours of sleep. You always sleep late, but you wake up early. So change your habits and routines.

14. Talking about your office work, I know you are doing your best to complete your daily work load. But just to be honest and blunt, you slack most of the time. You wasted so much time chatting and doing other things not related to your work. Well, if you’re reading this letter while at work, that's one of the proofs. You have so many backlogs, ubiquitous documents that need prompt checking and review, and some clerical work sitting on your table. Come on! You’re being paid to do it, so work hard. 15. Promise me perfect attendance this year, except, of course, if there are any fortuitous events. I heard that your company offers rewards to those employees with perfect attendance at the end of the year, and it’s huge! Grab it!

I think that’s all I have for you. I know you believe in "Come What May" and "Que Sera Sera", but you have complete control of yourself and the things that you’re doing. Your actions today determine who you will become in the future, so don’t slack. Tighten up your horses and move enthusiastically towards your goals in life. They said that "Life is a race," but I’ll say to you that it’s not always the fastest person who wins the race. Sometimes, or most of the time, it is the slowest one.

To end this letter, I would like to take this chance to say thank you for being who you are. I love you and admire you for what you’ve done and what you’ve overcome. You’re brilliant, a fighter, a hard worker, a cheerleader, and an optimist. With the traits you have, there’s no way you can’t achieve them. You excelled in most things (not just academics); thus, all those mentioned above are small compared to what you’ve already attained.

Fight on!


Very truly yours,
Gervic



WORD COUNT: 1,513
© Copyright 2022 GERVIC 🐉 House Targaryen (gervic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2265125-Dear-Me