*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2266023-Convention-Time
Rated: E · Fiction · Writing.Com · #2266023
The Writer's Cramp 1/26/21 W/C 225


NEW PROMPT DUE 14 hours 7 minutes 21 seconds
Today's prompt comes from our regular Tuesday judge ♥HOOves♥ - who could not be online at noon today so I'm posting for her.

In the early days of this site there were a few annual writing.com and stories.com conventions where people on the site got together in person.

Write a story or poem about what you imagine might happen at a 20th Anniversary Writer's Cramp Convention in 2022 and who you might enjoy meeting there. (host? writers? judges? - it's up to you)

Please select "Writing.Com" as one of your genres and have
fun!

Convention Time

What a treat. We all get to meet in person this year! The 20th anniversary of the Writer’s Cramp contest is underway.

They rented an entire island for the event. We flew by private jet to an island only discovered last year. Seems someone during the social distancing phase that was all the rage went on a voyage.

I’ve heard it was L_P . But you know how rumors start. I tend to think it was Lilith of House Martell being influenced by that rascal Andre the Blog Monkey.

But no matter. We are all safe and sound on this island. Drinks are flowing, the food is marvelous, and now the conversation turns to writing.

I want to know why some of my stories weren’t chosen. In fact, all the writers there want to know the same thing.

“Some of you don’t follow the prompt.” bobturn said.

“Then others don’t list the word count.” hullabaloo22 stated.

“Or the line count.” Added ♥Hooves♥
“You forgot the genre requirement.” Bianca

“But the real reason is your story just stunk. Pitiful writing, childish, my goodness people. Grow up. It’s not all about you. Now drink up and quit whining.” Growled Robert Waltz

“You heard the man! This is a party! Have fun. Writing will be there tomorrow.” Sophy said with a smile.

W/C 225




© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2266023-Convention-Time