*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2266179-Big-Cat
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Animal · #2266179
short story
Back in my day it was easy to be a big cat in a small alleyway. There was nothing to it! I took what I wanted and waited for an opportunity to take that much more. Lately things have changed; with new cats moving in there’s less opportunity to take what’s mine and I find myself needing to branch out. The two walls I’ve lived between so far have begun to funk up with too many rival scents.
My paws are relatively clean as I slowly stalk my way into this new world outside of the walls. I need to stop and clean off some of the debris before exposing myself because obviously I must be as beautiful as possible.
There are many distractions in this new space. Some of them I really want to explore. With my head hugging the brick, I peek around the corner to see what I can claim as my own.
Nothing but chaos exists on that side of the people thing. I rapidly pull my head back in and decide to reevaluate my life-long choices. I want to know everything that’s out there but how can I explore?
With very delicate and careful movements, I peek again around the corner of the building. I see all of you creepy creatures, with your celebrations and craziness, that’s not me of course. I just want to sneak out and… A giant hand grabs me from above.
What the hell!!!! No, I’ve been captured. Me, the ruler of the alley and everything else. Now I’m in a cage apparently.
It’s bumpy and uncomfortable. There is no happiness on my end. Now a massive hand grabs me and throws me into a cage. None of this is ok with me. I’m the ruler of the alley and none of them get that!
I’m not going to stop being mad. This situation is the worst that I could possibly imagine.
It’s the worst thing ever. Now I’m in a room with all of the stinky others that I was trying to get away from in the beginning.
Whatever. I’m not trying to make friends. Those people keep prodding and poking but hell no. It’s not me.
Really? That’s what they’re trying now??? It’s obviously not going to work. No chance in hell, thanks but no thanks.
Please stop trying. That little kid means nothing and should probably stop trying to hold me because it’s just rude to touch like that.
Ookay little girl. You seem to be very insistent so let’s see what you got.
In her arms I only complained a little bit as the doors opened, and I saw the last remnants of the sun as it set on the first day that I was ever happy to give to someone else.
© Copyright 2022 jenjenta323 (jenjenta323 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2266179-Big-Cat