*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2266370-Future-Plans
Rated: E · Fiction · How-To/Advice · #2266370
The Writer's Cramp 1/30/22 W/C 328


This is the LAST prompt for our birthday celebration - it's been a great week of prompts and entries, and we want to thank ALL of you who participated and made our 20th Birthday so special.

You are celebrating your 20th Birthday. Mixed in with your birthday cards is a letter from someone claiming to be you, from the future, with some advice about an important decision coming up that will change the course of your life. What does the letter say? What do you do? First or third person.

You must choose "How-To/Advice" as one of your genres.



Future Plans

The guests have all left. My party leaves me tired but happy. After all, twenty only comes once in your life. Sally set out a basket for all the cards. I now have the time to sit and read them.

“Two decades! You rock!” Janie wrote.

“Finally out of the teens!” Harry stated.

Phil, elegant as always, wrote “I wish you all the best. You are a wonderful person.”

By the time I got toward the end of the basket, there was one with handwriting that looked familiar, almost like mine.

Dearest Molly,
Being twenty you think you know it all. You are young, you have the world. But I am you twenty years from now. Trust me, you are unhappy in the future if you keep on this current path. You are not going to like where life leads you.

Remember your dream. Remember how you wanted to change the world. Remember how much you love to write. Don’t give all that up for a life that will be nothing be heartache.

You can be a winner. You can touch lives. In twenty years there will be a need for the book you will write. Now is the time to change.

I’m keeping an eye on you. See you in the future.

After I read this note, I looked around. Who in the world knew me this well? No one remained in the apartment. I reread the note.

It seems my inner muse is speaking to me. I’ve had this thought, but could never put it into words. Now here it is, my thought made real.

The college application sat on my dresser. Perhaps now is good a time as any to send that in. After all, many people don’t start college right after high school.
Maybe I could use these past few years as life experience.

Now I was getting excited about the future. All I needed was a nudge, from that muse on my shoulder.

W/C 328


© Copyright 2022 Queen NormaJean Greeneyes (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2266370-Future-Plans