*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2267085-The-Counselling-Session--WC-215
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2267085
Dane and Gabi Torrent meet with a marriage counselor.
The Counselling Session
WC 215



Dane and Gabi Torrent sat silently, arms folded, at opposite ends of the sofa. Their session was almost over, and nothing had been resolved.

The counselor, pen poised over her notes, studied the couple; she waited for some response to her question about the state of their marriage.

"Well, I think we're lost," Gabi said, breaking the silence.

"Lost in what way?" the marriage counselor asked, as her pen met paper.

"Yeah," echoed Dane, "In what way?"

"And we will never find our way back," Gabi added as she stood up and put her purse strap over her shoulder. "We are wasting money that could be spent on attorneys' fees!"

Dane jumped up. "That's not fair, honey!"

"Don't honey me! You have cheated on me for the last time. It's over."

"She was a friend from school. We just met for coffee."

"An old friend, your co-worker, a neighbor. And on and on. All innocent encounters." Gabi said, her hand on the doorknob.

"Yes! I swear!"

"Goodbye, Dane!"

And Gabi Torrent was out the door.

After a bit, the counselor asked, "What are you thinking, Dane?"

"That I used to get away with it."

The timer dinged.

The counselor walked over to the door and opened it. "Looks like your time is up, Mr. Torrent."

© Copyright 2022 jackiesmuse (jackiesmuse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2267085-The-Counselling-Session--WC-215