*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2267222-The-uprising-of-the-Fae
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2267222
Flash fiction
Moonlight hit the still water of the lake hidden in the forest. The surface of the lake was like a mirror reflecting the beautiful night sky. I have been sitting here since dawn and will not move until he will come and get me.

Just before I came here the humans invaded our town. They took our money and killed the ones who couldn’t pay. I know they will be back, soon. And this time a lot more people won’t have the money. Humans have casted us out for hundreds of years but a least they let us live in peace in the forest. The new king is different, he sees us as a way to improve his kingdom, he wants to rule us. He wants our magic and our strength, he sees us as his slaves and soldiers.

My parents were among the Fae that couldn’t pay. They told me to run, so I did. Rhian’s parents were the same. I ran to him and we fled, but when he heard the screams he couldn’t run anymore. He told me to go here and he would go and help, fight. When he gets back we will start training and infiltrate the human lands. We will fight for the freedom of our people and honor our parents.

I dosed of staring at lake. My mind drifted to a wondrous place, through that veil of water to the world beyond. “Mhyrim” Rhian whispered. My eyes shot open and I stared at his comforting face. “It’s time to get up. We have a lot do.” And so our journey began.
© Copyright 2022 Amindthattravels (travelingmind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2267222-The-uprising-of-the-Fae