*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2267675-Friend-or-Foe
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #2267675
Flash Fiction
Sam sat at the sidewalk waiting for the bus to arrive. The last few days her life changed completely. All the people she knew changed roles. Good turned out to be bad and bad, to her surprise, was everything she ever wanted. Going over all the mind blowing revelations, she got lost in her thoughts.

She woke up to the sound of metal scraping over stone. The sound kept ringing in her ears as she lifted her gaze. Only to find the sun already set. Her eyes adjusted to the little light provided by the streetlights and the illuminated tunnel across the street. The scarping sound filled her head again.

A shadow moved and a man became a little more visible. In his hand an iron bat that touched the ground and created that horrible sound. Just when the light was about to reveal who he was, the bat swung up and broke the light along the ceiling. He kept walking lowering the bat again. The sound filled her head once more. At the next light he did the same, and the next and the next.

Sam wanted to run, but where would she go? She shot to her feet hoping to make a run for the closest house, but then the man stopped took off his hoodie and stepped into the last light. ‘Sam...’ The word little more than a whisper. ‘Don’t you recognize me?’

She stepped closer, looked beyond his blood, bruising and swelling, and found the love of her life staring back at her. ‘You… you’re back.’ she stuttered in disbelief. He stepped forward and enveloped her like their bodies were to morph into each other. ‘Finally together, I will never let you go again.’
© Copyright 2022 Amindthattravels (travelingmind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2267675-Friend-or-Foe