*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2267856-Sam-Adams-Escapes-his-Fate
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Crime/Gangster · #2267856
Sam Adams Escapes his Fatefor Poets place
Sam Adams Escapes his Fate

Sam Adams was a petty criminal living in the city. He had dropped out of school at an early age and ran with a street gang. He would often steal fancy bikes off the streets for a quick turnaround at the local fence, That was his specialty if he had any. He was agnostic at best, did not see God’s hand anywhere.

Sam saw no need to worry about heaven or hell, although he did not think he would make it into heaven. Just too many petty crimes in his past to atone for he thought. He did not fear death either, thought when he was dead that would be it. Did not think much of justice thinking that the color of justice was green and gold. Those with the green and the gold bought all the justice they needed, those without never saw true justice. Just the way of the world he thought. Of the nation’s political leaders he thought that they all were mad creatures who thought that if they could get away with murder they would and many probably had.

But despite his somewhat violent past so far he had not yet had to kill anyone and he prayed that he could continue his life without out become a killer. But he sometimes thought that the mean streets of the city might lead him to a kill or be killed situation.

One day he saw an ad with information about a training academy that would teach him some new technical skills, allowing him to master technology, become a computer programmer or a game/app designer. He applied and much to his surprise he was accepted into the program and he turned his life around. He felt that this was his one shot to get out of the ghetto and make something of himself.

He joined the army shortly after that and went to war. He avoided getting shot and wonder how he had managed to escape the fate of so many of his former gang bangers. He resigned himself to the fact that perhaps there was a guardian angel out there leading him down the right path.
© Copyright 2022 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2267856-Sam-Adams-Escapes-his-Fate