*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2268368-Old-Monkey
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #2268368
Story about an old monkey.

Once upon a time there was an old monkey, he used to hobble here and there as his one hind leg was injured. Poor old monkey lives in a village isolated from other troops of monkeys. There was havoc in that village because of the wild monkey's aggression. These mischievous little monkeys were muggers, a nuisance for village dwellers. Old monkey was calm, humble and everyone also liked him.
Everyone gave him food and water, however other troops of apes attacked him. Because of the disturbance created by the monkeys, villagers hired a man to scare them away.
His name was Raju, he came to the village one fine morning along with two helpers and a gun. They were roaming here and there, surprisingly on that day no monkeys appeared there except the old one. He was sitting near a pipal tree and eating the fruits fallen from the tree. Raju and his companion approached him silently and shot him. The sound of fire broke the silence of the morning, and suddenly a crowd appeared. Monkeys too appeared a little far. Villagers saw that old little monkey was hanging on a wall with hands tied with a rope on both sides, helpless, blood oozing from his wound.
Crowd felt sorry for him, little children's eyes were wet and hiding their rebel for this wrong.
Poor old monkey's breath started fainting slowly and after a while stopped.
Other monkeys left the village and dispersed away.

© Copyright 2022 wings of thought (seetha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2268368-Old-Monkey