*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2268593-Iron-Man
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2268593
The following is based on a character by the great band Black Sabbath
Iron Man

By Shadowgate
……………………………………………………
In the year 2000 a school was set on fire. An autistic 12-year-old named Edward Still saved the lives of four students. Although he had been bullied by his classmates he saved the lives of four.

Today Edward Still holds an MA in history and an MS in physics.

His interests are as follows: Time Travel

The Philadelphia Experiment

History of any kind.

Rap and heavy metal.

Revenge

He listened to Black Sabbath's Iron Man at least ten times per day. He hooked up with old classmates on Facebook. He finally knew their addresses after a year of tracking them. He was grateful for the 1-billion-dollar inheritance that his grandfather left behind. That paid for his education and was paying for his apartment rent.

He worked part time at a Subway. That helped pay for his CDS and getting "IRON MAN" tattooed on his right bicep.

His goal now was to kill four former classmates. He would kill the people he once saved.

"The Houston Police Department is investigating the murder of Becky Dunn. She was found beaten and strangled to death in her apartment by her sister who came to visit. When she knocked there was no answer. She found the door was left unlocked when she went to open it. If you have any information about who committed this horrific murder please contact the Houston Police Department. This is James Odell signing off."

When the police arrived they found a computer monitor but the computer itself was missing. The police were concerned that whoever did it met up with her on social media.

The word "IRON MAN" was spray painted in red on her living room wall.

The detective in charge Lance Dole deduced right away that "Iron Man" would be the calling card of this killer. He believed there was a serial killer on the loose but told the department he was open to the possibility that Becky Dunn knew her killer.

The Harris County District Attorney's Office was soon under intense pressure to prosecute and much of the Alief Community was left to live in fear over this recent tragedy.

Another murder took place just three nights after the murder of Becky Dunn. HPD Homicide Detective Lance Dole who had been assigned to the murder of Becky Dunn was now assigned to investigate this murder.

This victim was named Brian Lock and the words "Iron Man" were spray painted on his wall as well. No witnesses came forward.

No eyewitnesses came forward. Detective Dole wanted to know if there was more connecting these two victims aside from "Iron Man" being spray painted on the walls in their homes.

Brian Lock had been beaten and butchered by his killer. Detective Dole wanted to catch the killer as fast as possible.

He would later find out from government records they both graduated from the same high school. Detective Dole believed from then on that not only did these two victims know each other at least at one point, but they also knew their killer.

When he ran the two victim's names through Google he found out they were nearly killed in a school fire.

He wanted to contact everyone in their graduating class he could because he believed that would break the case wide open.

The next night Kevin Moore was found shot to death just outside his home. The word's "iron man" were written on the front windshield of his car. Detective Lance Dole made it clear "any fool with a fifth-grade education can see this is the third murder carried out by the exact same killer."

The morning after finding the body of Kevin Moore he decided to run his name as well as the names of the other two victims in a Google Search. He found something compelling.

He found that the three murder victims along with a man Jordan Dorman were pulled from a school fire in 2000. Jack Albright Middle School was set on fire by an angry student and a boy named Edward Still pulled four kids out. Three of them were now dead.

Detective Dole said "I need to get two addresses. One on Jordan Dorman and the other on Edward Still. This will help me break this triple murder case wide open."
He got the addresses of both men. Not long after that his partner Detective Howard Wilholt came to inform him that there was another victim and the word "iron man" as left at the scene.

Detective Dole said "I guess it's either Jordan Dorman or Edward Still."

Detective Wilholt said "how'd you guess already?'

Detective Dole showed his partner what he found on the internet.

Detective Dole said "we need to get to Edward Still's home and have a word with him."

Detective Wilholt said "who would have killed these four people and why would this school fire that took place when they were children be relevant now?"

Detective Dole said "well it's interesting that the victims have this in common."

"Well Edward Still wasn't able to save them from whoever the serial killer is but he sure was heroic. The kid who set the school on fire was tried as an adult as I recall and is still locked up so he cannot be the serial killer" said Detective Wilholt.

Detective Dole said "well let's get to Edward Still's residence. I hope he's not dead.

Detective Lance Dole immediately went to Edward Still's apartment the day after Kevin Moore was found shot to death. He was the man connected the four murder victims. Detective Dole along with two police officers knocked on Edward's door.

He let them in. They saw textbooks. They saw Black Sabbath, Megadeth, and Metallica posters. Detective Dole said "the reason we're here is because I'm sure you've heard of the four most recent homicides here in Houston?"

Edward Still replied "four murders back-to-back where the killer left iron man as his calling card."

Detective Dole said "bingo and you knew all four victims."

Edward Still looked up at the detective strangely.

Detective Dole looked back at him sternly and said "we know your life history."

Detective Dole said "in 2000 you saved the lives of the four victims in a school fire. Now all four of those you saved turned up murdered. The word 'iron man' was left at each murder scene."

Edward nodded and one of the police officers pointed out "you like metal bands I see."

Edward said "I love them but surely you can't believe I'm a mass murderer because I listen to heavy metal?"

Detective Dole said "no it's not because you happen to love heavy metal that has brought us here. There are legit reasons."

Detective Dole placed a printed copy of the news report on the 2000 school fire on Edward's coffee table.

Detective Dole said "you knew the victims."

Edward replied "I sure did and they still fucking bullied me after I saved their lives."

Detective Dole looked up with brightness in his eyes and said "well they were not caring people for sure and that's certainly a motive for you to have killed them. Furthermore there's a line in the Black Sabbath song Iron Man that says "kills the people he once saved."

One of the police officers stood up and pulled his handcuffs out. He informed Edward Still that he was under arrest for the murders of Becky Dunn, Brian Lock, Kevin Moore, and Jordan Dorman.

All physical evidence pointed to Edward Still. The testimony of Detective Dole and the coroner was irrefutable. Edward Still confessed in court to all four murders before being sentenced to death.

THE END


© Copyright 2022 mattdeath (mcv3909 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2268593-Iron-Man