*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2268697-First-Break-Point
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Community · #2268697
Foundation.
Jill Sinclair rose with a weariness in her bones that wasn't due entirely to her age. She was past the point of caring, having reached a comfortable point in her life. Her life hadn't followed any particularly well defined path. It was rather chaotic, and optimistic, well... until life intervened.

They'd been drawn by the hope of a new frontier, away from staid, and limited options that were so well trodden. The opening of the frontier was an invitation, and an adventure. Away from the safety, familiarity and routine of modern life. She hadn't fancied the dull routine of being a wife, and home-maker, it just wasn't something that appealed. She'd found a man who intrigued her, and felt fairly compatible for the adventure.

Unsurprisingly, drawn by the same sense of adventure and pull to explore a new frontier the companionship was inevitable. Naturally, Jack Higgins hoped for a deeper bond with time, and Jill wasn't averse to the possibility. However, that was for some more settled future. The foundation of a new adventure, and they were established.

Neither of them wished for a huge homestead, after all, they were alone. A small community, loosely knit would probably form, and share the tasks they couldn't manage on their own. That too had it's appeal, a more intimate group but with ties that'd last and have meaning.
© Copyright 2022 Mr. George (rjh-kk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2268697-First-Break-Point