*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269092-Thank-You
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Contest Entry · #2269092
Saying goodbye is always difficult. Saying it for the last time is unbearable.


Thank You



The time for goodbyes has not yet arrived, there are a few moments yet for memories. I see your face all smiles with cheer; what lies below is sadness and fear. The time for goodbye is far from now.

We face each day as forever, knowing what is in the future. We each say we are doing well, but each knows the other one lies. I have been your Knight, you my Everything. Thank you for seeing into my Soul. The time for goodbye is not yet here.

Before time passes, I wanted to say Thank You. Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for picking me to be your joy. Thank you for giving me someone to love, honor, and cherish. Thank you for being my love. The time for goodbyes will soon be upon us.

Too soon time went away and finds our parting. One to carry on with an emptiness in their Soul, the other to watch and wait. The time for goodbye is here.

Our final goodbye will bring tears, emptiness, and grief. You go one way and I another. I know we will meet again to fill the holes in our Souls. Then time for goodbye will never be heard.

214 words
17 lines





© Copyright 2022 J.R. PETE (jtpete86 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269092-Thank-You