*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269510-Test-Day
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #2269510
A memory from the past.
Sitting, gazing at the wall. No thoughts, not a single one at all. Eyes blind to my surroundings. In a pure state of existence, I would sit pencil in hand. A few lines scratched on the exam in front of me, meditating during this test of the mind. Climbing in the ocean with skis strapped on ready to glide off from the biggest wave I can find. Around me a room full of stillness outside of the clock ticking away time until the end of this examination. Not a thought of mine. Neither were any of those empty lines. So many unanswered questions left open. No answers exist in me or on any of these sheets. "Five minute warning." I guess that means it's time for me to snap back to a thoughtful mind. Words flood in like the waters in the before times. No idea what's right or wrong just filling space with whatever I can find. In an attempt to get by without them saying, "He didn't even try." I use to freak out during these last minute scurries. Now I'm not sure it really makes a difference either way. The results will say what they will, but there is always more to say. Snacks outside sounds like where I need to be, as huger settles in with rumbles from the deep. A quick glance at the window, and whoops there it goes once again.

The shriek ringing of the bell yanks back my mind.

"Pencils down that's time."


© Copyright 2022 Peter Knezevich (peetykeen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269510-Test-Day