*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269580-My-secret
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Paranormal · #2269580
Killing and vampires go good together.
I've been sitting in a small room. Not a lot of things are in this room. A bed, lamp, plenty of books just laying around and no windows. It's sort of a place most wouldn't want to stay in. Unless the person was just needing a place to flop. For me, it works because I'm needing the place to be dark. I'm what people would call a vampire. I live in secret. Away from things and people that might get an idea that I'm different then normal people.
I had a mentor for many years. He's someone you would call the one that made me or brought me over. I've only been a vampire for about 35 years. I grew up in Porland Oregon. I even had plans to go to college and get a good job. Well, I did go to college after I was turned and now I teach night school. My mentor was killed a few years ago. I'm not completely sure what really happened.
It was time for me to head to the school. I put on my long black coat and hat. Grabbed my bookbag with all my teaching things inside. It would only take me four minutes to go from where I lived to the college. I get paid a good amount but, I still have to live carefully.
Arriving at the college and making my way to my office. I take the coat and hat off and head for my classroom.
" Miss Krandal, may I speak with you for a quick moment."
It was Mr. Drake, the dean of the college. " Yes, sir." I said.
" I was wondering if you've heard about the killings happening just off the grounds. I've been told its at least two people that have died." He asked.
" I'm sorry, Mr. Drake. I haven't been hearing anything." One I don't get the newspaper to often and the students haven't been talking.
" If you do hear anything. Would you be so kind as to get in touch with me."
" Sure, Mr. Drake " I asked.
" The police are wanting to know any information they can get." He turned then, and walked away.
I started walking back down the hall. When it dawned on me that there was something more here going on at this school. Opening the door to my classroom. There was a gentleman standing there. I stiffened up just a bit, then relaxed.
" Miss Krandal, I'm detective Kory Fisher. I'm wanting to ask you some questions. If I can."
" Sure, Let me put my bookbag down. I hope its alright if I set up for class while we talk. Detective Fisher?"
" You can just call me Kory. I was wondering if you have noticed anything strange going on?"
" Like what? I'm only here at the school a few hours at night. I don't work during the day." I said, not looking at him because I was pulling books out of my bag.
" Well, I've talked to the dean here and he said he doesn't know to much about you. I'm just wondering why that is." The detective asked.
" I'm a very private person." I said.
I realized just then that I was being talked to like he thought I was killing kids or something. I didn't want to say anything. My best way of dealing with this was to let him continue to asked questions.
" Miss Krandal, you seem really young to be a professor in history. How old are you?" He was walking around as he talked.
" Kory, if you don't mind. I'm going to be starting class here in about 10 minutes. But, to answer your question. I'm 40 years old." I knew he was fishing at something.
I should have figured something was up. When the dean stopped me in the hall. I guess because he never really seen me around much he thought giving this detective my name and classroom number might help.
He was still walking around, when he came out and said, " Why doesn't anyone know who or what you do outside of the school?"
I stopped putting books down and looked right at him. " Detective, I'm a very private person." I said again. "I don't go hanging around with the students here. Other then teaching, I really don't do anything." He was making me nervous.
" See, what you are saying might just get me to want to know more about you. I understand your a private person. But I'm getting the feeling that there's more to you then you are saying. Am I right? " He was studying me by how he was looking at me. Eyes moving back and forth as he move his head.
I was getting a little agree. I knew that the vampire part of me wanted to kill him right here. I also knew I couldn't. I need to come up with something to tell him.
" Okay, detective. Sometime I go to this club downtown called the Dark Castle. I hang out there and have a few drinks. If you want you can meet me there later tonight. That's where I'm going after classes." I said.
I figured I'd tell him about my hang out. There are other vampires that hang out there. He might not like the place.
" Have a good evening, Miss Krandal." He turned and walked out of the classroom.
A few minutes later, students started to fill up the seats.

By 1 am, I was done teaching and helping a few students. I was getting thirsty. It was time to head to the club for something to drink. Went and grabbed my coat and hat. I headed out and off the campus. And waiting in the parking lot was the detective. He was leaning against his car.
" Miss Krandal, can I give you a ride? He asked.
" No, I'm good." I yelled at him as I began to walk right by him.
" Oh, come now. Were both going to be going the same place. Why not?" He stood there looking at me.
I didn't need this. He was differently after something and I knew it was me. If I just keep on walking he would probably follow me. I figured I didn't have much choice.
" Fine, detective. First I need to go home and change. It shouldn't take me long. I'll meet you in front of my building." I said.
I kept on walking and waited to see what he was going to do. I walked fairly fast but not as fast as I usually do. I went into my building and changed into a black dress and grabbed my coat and hat. The detective had followed me and was waiting right outside when I came out.
He opened the car door. I got in. This isn't what I was wanting. As thirsty as I was feeling. This was going to take everything in me to keep from attacking him. He got in and we drove to the club. He was still studying me. He would notice I was sitting a little stiffly. I don't breath like he does. I pretend too. I was just looking straight ahead.
" Krissa, is it alright for me to call you that instead of Miss Krandal. We aren't at the school." He asked.
" Sure, that's fine." I said.
" I'm very interested in who you are. I'm getting the feeling you aren't one to be real open."
" Detective, your right on that. I feel uncomfortable being in your car. I figured you would just come to the club later."
" I didn't have anything better to do this evening and I'm off duty."
" Have you ever been to this club. Because it may shock you because of the people that hang out there." I said.
" I have heard its a different and dark club." he answered.
" You'll be surprised," I said.
The smell of him was really getting to me. His blood had a sweet smell. His neck was like right there. God, I want a taste. I sat quietly when he pulled into the parking lot. There was no one around. He turned off the car and just as he moved a little closer to me. I pounced. I bit so hard and fast into his neck. He didn't have time to protect himself. Within 5 minutes he was dead. Mmmmm...his blood was sweet. I licked the wound to heal it up. Got out of the car, walked around to the drivers side. Opened the door, picked him up and took him into the alley. A dumpster wasn't far. Opened it and threw him inside.
I made it back to the car. Got in and started it. Drove it out of the parking lot and headed for some dark place to leave the car. I knew I couldn't let that detective get to know me. He had to die. My secret needs to be a secret always.
© Copyright 2022 smblomker (smblomker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269580-My-secret