*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269800-Dear-Hazel
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Letter/Memo · Personal · #2269800
In the event of my passing or disappearance
If you're reading this, I have failed you.

I have some explaining to do.

I have spent my entire life trying to figure out the problems in the world. Everything. I made great progress, and it wasn't enough. What would be enough? I don't know. But I put everything I had into trying to make this a world that you wouldn't have to suffer through. Now, all I can say is that, if you listen to everything that I've told you, you could, at least, have a life that you won't have to suffer through.

I need you to figure some things out. I need you to decide what you want to be when you grow up. I need you to go to college. I need you to continue to make friends and get good grades. I need you to think, a lot, about yourself, and to figure out what you're going to be looking for in a person that you'll want to spend the rest of your life with. I need you to figure out everything that you love to do. I need you to do all of that, and I need you to live a good life. I need you to do that for yourself. And I know that you can.

I want you to be good to people. All of the people. I want you to find people that you want to have close to you. I want you to know that that's not everyone. I want you to be picky, but I don't want you to be bad to people. I want you to be honest. I want you to be true. I want you to understand that it matters what you think of you, and that you should always learn to be better. You can. And you will if you decide to.

I don't want you to blame anyone. I don't want you to be sad. There is a God. There is a Heaven. And there is so much more. This is not the end. This is not goodbye. I will see you again someday, somewhere, eventually. I'm sure of it. And when I do, I want you to tell me everything that you decided to do with yourself and your life. Never disappoint yourself. Learn from everything. Be amazing. That's your choice. This is your life. You are yours to decide. Please always choose wisely.

I love you. I will always love you. Meeting you is one of the greatest gifts that I could have ever asked for. You are beautiful, and you can do great things, and I will always be there when you want me to be. Right there in your heart if you'll have me there. Right there in your thoughts when you'll think of me. I hope that you never forget me. I hope that you, one day, understand me. And I hope that, by that day, the world is as it should be. I hope you get to have that.

Understand that I was willing to die for that.

Understand that I was willing to die for you.

I will miss you forever, until I see you again.

Go live a good life. Be a good person. Be who you really are.

Be Hazel Cherie.
© Copyright 2022 Tom Forever (tomforever at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269800-Dear-Hazel