*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269851-MICHELANGELO--THE-ANGEL-DOG
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2269851
Love, wealth, infidelity, cheating, private eye, his lover, mob guys, brilliant dog.
MICHELANGELO & THE ANGEL DOG

Michelangelo Agosto, alias Mick, slowly rolled over and felt completely alone. The love of his life was gone. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and sat on the edge of the bed. He knew this would happen one day. He had this thing about relationships with women. They always left. His only true-blue companion was his German Shepard Angel Dog. She was the only female that ever stayed. She had been with him for three years since he resigned from the Las Vegas Police Department to become a private detective.
So, such is life, in Mick's head. No real job and no woman. He laid back down on the bed, wondering what he would do today. He could see Lennon and her flowing red hair with her piercing dark eyes. She had been with him through thick and thin even before he quit. Even though he was an outstanding detective, he simply burned out. It just became too much. Too much killing, rape, violence, robberies, etc., etc. He had seen it all in twenty years as a crime-solving sleuth. But enough was enough. So, he quit. Then, after three years of love and loyalty, Lennon quit. The obsession with each case he solved. The drinking to ease the pain of his chosen profession. He would be gone for days and sometimes weeks, leaving her alone to ponder what was next. He wouldn't commit and she finally moved out and away. Heartbroken, Mitch went into a fearful depressive state and now he was wondering.
He knew he had taken the wrong path three years ago and now wondered what and how he could get back in the game of life and do what he was best at, solving crimes. He painfully found out that private detective work required actual clients. And Lennon! His redheaded, dark eyed muse. They were in love, or so he thought. But now she was gone. Plus, he was just scraping by - spending his small pension on seedy motels and dog food. Mitch never envisioned this for himself when he was at the top of the crime solving universe in Las Vegas.
Then fate appeared. Mitch answered his cell phone. He didn't recognize the number. The caller spoke in very clear and concise language.
The caller said, "Hello, am I speaking with Michelangelo Francis".
"Yes, this is he - Mick," he replied.
"I would like to meet with you to discuss a problem I need you to solve." said the lady on the call.
"Well, I don't know you, so, let's start with your name." replied Mick.
"My name is Amanda Rossi," she replied.

Mitch pondered that for a few seconds.

Then Mitch asked, "Are you who I think you are? Are you the wife of Carlo Rossi, the owner of Platino Hotel & Casino?"
"Yes, I am. And I respectfully request that my identity and this phone conversation be kept strictly between us," replied Amanda.

Mitch thought a little more. This extraordinarily wealthy woman wants him to "solve a problem"?
Mitch, being a former cop with the ability to smell trouble, though no way in hell!
However, he was dead broke. If this fateful chance could bring in some money, he should at least hear the problem the woman needed solved.

So Mitch said, "Ok, where would you like to meet to discuss your problem?"
Amanda recommended, "Let's meet at Ventano's in Hendersonville. It's outside of Vegas and I will get us a private room. They are very discreet."
"When?"
"How about tomorrow at two?" she offered.
Mitch agreed, "OK. I'll see you then. How will I know you?"
"Just ask the concierge when you come in. He knows me." she replied

Mitch ended the call, sat back down on the bed and pondered this upcoming talk with the wife of one of the wealthiest casino proprietors in Vegas with some trepidation. However, he told himself, this could bring in some serious money.

So Mitch, feeling pretty good, decided to take Angel Dog for a run. After the run, he grabbed some take out and headed back to the low rent room he and his best girl were staying in. He fed her, then sat down and ate the tacos and fries with a nice cool beer. He was feeling pretty good as he thought about this meeting, he would have the next day.

He said to Angel Dog, "So girl, you'll be by yourself for awhile tomorrow. But I won't be gone very long. But, if I take this job the lady's talking about, you and I might be going on some trips to places unknown."

After finishing his tacos and fries, he hopped in the shower, dried off and went peacefully to sleep for the first time in quite a while. He dreamed about Lennon all night. Her beauty, her smarts and her love kept rolling in visions of perfection that he deeply missed. He wanted to call her or text her or find her, but, he decided to wait until he got his life back together.

Mitch woke up with a new feeling. Who knows, he said, today could be the start of something big. He decided to take Angel out for an early morning walk. As he walked down the Vegas Strip, he watched the people starting their day, preparing to lose lots of money. He understood the 11th commandment - The House Always Wins. He had given up gambling, but sometimes he was still drawn to it, even though he knew that 99.9% of the time he would lose.

His best girl, Angel, was always at the ready. She had been "Brain Trained" at the Las Vegas Police Dog Training Academy. She was extraordinarily smart and, if needed, she could become, in a split second, a bona fide bad ass. She had protected Mitch many times when he or other detectives got in a bad situation dealing with some of the most violent criminals that seemed to always be lurking in Vegas. As they walked, Angel was never on a leash. She was so well trained that she knew what to do when commanded. Mitch thought they made a great pair. He also thought about how much Lennon loved Angel, and it hurt deep that she was gone from his and Angel's life.

After the walk, they stopped at one of Mitch's favorite little spots just off the strip for breakfast. The owner always had a nice snack for Angel. They finished their breakfast and headed back to the tiny room he was renting. He took a shower and got dressed for his 2:00 PM meeting with the lady with a problem.
He put out some food for Angel and left her in the room.

After about a thirty-minute drive, he arrived at Ventano's a little before 2:00. He parked and walked in. He was immediately glad he had worn his best suit, even though he did not wear a tie. This place was way above his pay grade. When he asked to see Mrs. Rossi, the concierge took him to the back of the restaurant into a private room where she was eagerly awaiting his arrival. They shook hands, introduced themselves, and sat down. She asked what he would like. He said just water for now.

Mitch asked first, "How did you find me?"
Amanda replied, "I found you because you were recommended to me by your former girlfriend. She says you are the best."
Mitch asked, "How do you know Lennon?"
Amanda said, "A friend of a friend gave me her number. I called her and she recommended you. Also, I did not tell her specifically who I was trying to find. So she has no knowledge of Tyler's disappearing."

Mitch remembered that Lennon was also in the private eye business. She handled small cases for people who wanted to find their birth parents, check the security of a business with an owner or find out if a spouse was cheating. Mitch felt, maybe Lennon was still in his life, though remotely. Lennon, unlike Mitch, was also a very talented gambler. She usually won a lot of money when she played.

Amanda began to tell him, in exact detail, the problem she needed him to solve.
First off, "I must tell you that every word of this conversation and any others we have must be kept completely secret between you and me."
Mitch agreed, "Of course. Anything you tell me will be held in the strictest confidence."
Amanda started, "I want you to find my lover. I have been in love with a man for over two years unbeknownst to my husband. My husband does not love me. My husband abuses me. He doesn't beat me, but, he constantly belittles me and makes me feel like I am worthless to him or anyone else. My lover treats me like a lady every time we are together. His name is Tyler Jones and we have been seeing each other in secret now for over two years. He disappeared two weeks ago. No email, no text and no call - just vanished. I think something terrible has happened and I need to know what and where. So I want you to find him, no matter the cost."
Mitch then said, "Are you sure that he just vanished. Were you and he having any relationship problems?"
To which Amanda replied, "Absolutely not. The last time we were together, it was passionate and wonderful. I cried when I had to leave him to return to the hell in my marriage.
Mitch asked, "When and where did you two meet up and for how long the last time you saw him?"
Amanda answered, "It was exactly two weeks ago in a small private hotel in San Francisco, Nob Hill Place. I go there regularly under the guise of visiting my sister, Kimberly, in San Francisco. She knows about my affair. I did not see her on that trip. It was just Tyler and I having a wonderful time together."
Then Mitch asked, "What does Tyler do for a living?"
Amanda said, "He is a remarkably successful entrepreneur. He owns several businesses in San Francisco and other parts of California. He's not super rich but he is very well off. Money is not a problem. And he's not married.
Then Mitch said, "Any information you have about Tyler will help immensely - Where does he live, the names of his businesses, what kind of car does he drive, who are his friends, etc.. And of course pictures and any communications you have had with him such as emails, texts, etc..
Then Amanda said, "OK. I will gather as much info as I can find for you in the next day or so. So, will you take this project on and how much do you expect it to cost?"
Mitch replied, "Well, let's start with a $20,000 retainer to begin with. After that it will be $200 an hour plus expenses. And I can promise you that I will find your lover. That's what I do and I am very good at it."
Amanda reached in her handbag, pulled out her checkbook and wrote his retainer for $20 K.

Mitch sent his email and telephone number to Amanda's cell, got up and left. As he drove back to his motel, he pondered the challenge of finding a missing person who just happened to be having an affair with the wife of one of the most powerful rich people on the planet. He drove to his bank, deposited Amanda's check and withdrew a thousand dollars. When he arrived, Angel welcomed him as always. Then he took her outside to poop. After feeding her, he fell asleep and dreamed of Lennon all night again.

The next morning, Mitch was up and at 'em at 6:00. He packed his clothes, threw everything in the trunk of his immaculate 1967 Tyrol Blue Poly GTO and let Angel sit in the front passenger seat as always. He and his best girl hit the road for San Francisco to find Amanda's lover boy. It was a long drive, but Mitch loved the road and Angel loved riding in that leather front seat. They stopped overnight at a roadside motel and arrived in San Francisco the next day.

Mitch found a small upscale hotel on the outskirts of San Francisco that allowed pets. After checking in, he and Angel went for a walk and found some places they could get some fairly good food. They stopped in a nice burger joint, had dinner and headed to the hotel for a restful night.

In the meantime, Amanda had emailed all of the information she could find about Tyler- his home address, his cell phone number, the hotel they stayed in, the businesses he owned and the address and contact number for Amanda's sister. Amanda had called her sister to let her know what was going on. Mitch entered all the information in his journal for quick reference.

When Mitch was on a case, he did a tremendous amount of research about who, what and where about the people he was being asked to locate. All he knew right now was that Amanda's lover had vanished into thin air. So he decided to start by calling her sister to get any information she might have that Amanda hadn't told him. So Mitch dialed up Kimberly. After talking to her for about thirty minutes, the only information he got was that Amanda had been coming to San Francisco about once a month to see Tyler and that she didn't see her every time she came.

She also told him that, sometimes Amanda and Tyler would hookup in other places closer to Las Vegas. And she confirmed that Tyler lived on a small vineyard in Napa Valley that he owned. However, they rarely went there because it was more private to stay in the suite, he always reserved at Nob Hill Place. She also told him they would sometimes go to a small place he owned on Lake Tahoe. So, Mitch thought to himself, "these two are enjoying a creative way to have an affair, if they hook up for love in all these cool places." However, he was still pondering the big question, "where did this guy go?" And, as of right now, not a clue!

So Mitch and Angel headed out to find Tyler's house. Amanda had given him a key so he could gain entry to investigate. As he pulled into the driveway, there was no one around, so he and Angel got out as Mitch unlocked the door and entered the upscale residence. Upon entering, he noticed some furniture turned over and some shattered glass on the floor. The kitchen had unwashed dished in the sink. Being the former cop that he was, he immediately felt that something bad had happened here. As he searched the rest of the house, he noticed that the master bedroom had an unmade bed, and all the lights were on. Also, the master bath was completely disheveled with all manner of items just left on the bathroom counter as if someone had left with no concern for neatness. Then he inspected the garage with Jeff's 2020 $120,000 Porsche left in the garage.

All of these things that Mitch noticed and photographed gave him great pause. Either someone has kidnapped Tyler, or he left in a hurry because someone was after him. However, it would seem that he would have taken his car if that were the case. No. He was fairly certain that Tyler had been forcibly removed after a struggle from his house. So he and Angel left the house without bringing any attention to his search of the house. Next, Mitch called Tyler's housekeeper. He asked her if she had any knowledge of what had happened. She told him that she did not because she only came every couple of weeks and she had not been there this week. Mitch told her what he saw and advised her not to come back to the house until further notice. And to call her if she wanted to talk. Then he sent Amanda an email with photographs telling her what he had found at Jeff's house.

Next stop. Nob Hill Place. Mitch left Angel in the car as he entered the exclusive five-star hotel and asked to speak to Mr. Westbrook, the concierge who knew both Tyler and Amanda on a personal level. Amanda had already called him and told him to expect Mitch.

Mitch and Mr. Andrews sat down in a private office.
Mitch asked. "How often did Mrs. Rossi and Mr. Jones come here and usually for how long?"
Mr. Westbrook answered, "They usually came at least once a month for anywhere from a week to ten days. They would also show up on holidays like Fourth of July, Memorial Day, and other holidays."
Mitch asked another important question, "Are you aware of the relationships that Mrs. Rossi and Mr. Jones have in their separate lives?"
Mr. Westbrook replied, "Only that Amanda is married to a very wealthy casino owner in Las Vegas and that Mr. Jones is single. Also, Mr. Jones always pays the bill."
Then Mitch asked, "What kinds of things did they do. Do they go out very much or do they stay close by the hotel?"

To which Mr. Andrews replied, "Actually, they go out very little. They always stay in our presidential suite which is very private. It has its own sauna, hot tub and small swimming pool. It also has its own spa where they regularly have massages together provided by private massage therapists. They often order room service from our restaurant or other places in San Francisco and eat in the small dining area in the suite."

Finally, Mitch asked, "Has anyone else come to the hotel looking for Mrs. Rossi or Mr. Jones or have you ever been asked about the couple from anyone other than me."
Mr. Andrews said, As a matter of fact - yes. A very attractive young woman by the name of Lennon English was here about three weeks ago asking about Mr. Tyler. However, I gave her no information."

Mitch immediately pondered this information. So Lennon was interested in finding Tyler Jones as well. Who in the name of the good Lord would hire her to do that. This added a completely new wrinkle to the task at hand for Mitch. He needed to find Tyler. But he also needed to find out who hired Lennon and why.

Mitch immediately dialed Amanda.
Mitch asked Amanda, "Are you aware of the fact that someone, I don't know who yet, has hired Lennon English to find your boyfriend?"
Amanda said, "Oh my God, I have no idea. However, the first person on that list would have to be my husband. He is a very powerful man who knows many important people and, also, many, people that do things that other people don't do. It's possible that he could have seen my phone or my laptop and gotten information from texts or emails. Tyler and I are always texting passionate things back and forth and I don't always delete them after I read them."
Then Mitch asked, "Do you have any contacts that you can trust that may know this kind of information about your husband."
She said, "No I really don't. I have very little to do with his circle of friends and fixers that he regularly employs."
To which Mitch replied, "OK. I have some contacts in Vegas that will help me find out what is going on with Lennon. But, for now, just be cool and don't ask anybody any questions about this."

Mitch decided he needed a run, so, he and Angel went for a couple of miles so Mitch could clear his head and figure out his next move. As a former cop and now a private eye, he knew many people in the information business, who could find out things that nobody else could. Some were cops and others were guys that could ask questions quietly to get information. So, Mitch dialed one of his closest acquaintances, Gino Farina, who operated on the dark side as a confidential informant for the police in Las Vegas. He had done time, but he was very good at finding things out quietly under the radar.

Mitch called Gino and told him that he needed to know who had hired Lennon and was she looking for Tyler. They agreed on the job and the price. Mitch made it very plain that this must be on the QT or it could get both of them hurt. Mitch told him to call him as soon as he had the information he needed.

However, Mitch was getting a very uncomfortable feeling about this turn of events. He thought about calling Lennon but decided against it. He did not want her in any more danger that she could already be in.

Mitch decided to cool his jets until he heard back from his Confidential Informant. He had learned over the many years of being a cop that patience, sometimes, is a virtue. Meanwhile, he and Angel Dog went for walks and runs to get relax and get some exercise and enjoy the outdoors. On one walk they encountered a guy that seemed to be out of control. He ran up to Mitch demanding his wallet and any money he was carrying. The, all of a sudden, Angel Dog took him down with one pounce. His loyalty to Mitch and his training always prevailed in any serious confrontation. He stood over the man as Mitch called home off and they walked away, leaving the man to rethink his attitude about his need to confront people and demand things that weren't his. Mitch and Angel Dog continued their walk as the man slowly got up and headed in the opposite direction.

Mitch and his girl stopped off at a little diner that had outstanding chili and a glass of wine. The owner always gave Angel Dog a nice treat from the kitchen. After dinner, they returned to the hotel, Mitch took a shower and went into a deep sleep still dreaming about the woman he loved so deeply - Lennon.

The next morning, Mitch's cell rang while he and Angel Dog were having a light breakfast.

Mitch answered Gino's call - "What do you know?"
Gino replied - "I know as much as you need to know and it doesn't sound good."
Mitch said - "Lay it on me."
Gino continued - "The big man, Rossi, has indeed hired your lady Lennon to find the guy you are looking for - Tyler Jones. According to my contact in the casino, the boss knows she has been having an affair with this guy and he wanted Lennon to find him."
Mitch then asked - "Did you find out whether or not she found the guy?"
Gino said - "According to my contact- the answer is yes, and it gets worse from there. Apparently, she found him, and a small group of goons found the guy, kidnapped and now have him locked up in a back room in the basement of the casino. No information on what exactly they are going to do with him."

Mitch thanked Gino and hung up. This was a very bad development for him, Amanda, Tyler and Lennon. Lennon was not a "tough broad". She was a gentle soul who enjoyed helping people find out things and people as a private eye. Business investigations, husbands and wives gone astray and other minor kinds of things is all she really knew. She had no idea what she had now become involved in. Mitch did not know if she knew Tyler Jones had been kidnapped. Mitch now had two things to do. At the top of the list was to call Amanda and give her a status report on Tyler and let her know that Lennon had found him. He also needed to let her know that he was being held in a private secure space in the basement of the casino. Second, he needed to talk to Lennon, find out what she knew and come up with a plan to, basically, save Tyler Jones' life and not endanger Lennon or himself. Even though no one really knew, the rumors of Rossi having mob ties were rampant. Therefore, Mitch knew he was going to need a perfect plan to free Tyler and end up with everyone alive and well. From his many years of experience, Mitch knew that it never ended well when someone was kidnapped and locked up somewhere, particularly if he is the lover of a beautiful woman who is married to a very rich and powerful casino owner not really subject to the same laws and rules of society that regular people are. So, Mitch decided to go see Lennon in person.

So, Mitch and Angel Dog headed to find Lennon. He had gotten her address from his Vegas contact. They pulled into the driveway of a tiny house that Lennon was renting. He and Angel Dog walked up to the door and Mitch knocked on the door. The door opened and there stood the love of his life. Angel Dog immediately responded lovingly to Lennon as he had done so many times before. She returned that love energetically.

Then she stood up and said - "First, how did you find me and second, what do you want?"
Mitch said - "This is going to take a while, can I come in?"
She said - "OK, have a seat?

Mitch wanted to take her and hug and kiss her so bad, his heart was pounding a thousand beats a second! But he just sat down on the small couch she had in her small place.

He started the conversation - "The reason for my visit is complicated. First, were you hired by Carlo Rossi, owner of the Platino Hotel & Casino, to find a man named Tyler Jones?"
To which she replied - "As you know, that kind of information is usually confidential. So I need to know why you want this information and what you are going to do with it if I give it to you."
Mitch continued - "OK - One PI to another OK? I was also hired to find Mr. Jones and have come up empty so far. Then I called a contact in Vegas and he discovered that you found Mr. Jones. Also, how did you tell Mr. Rossi once you found Jones and what did he do when you gave him Jone's location."
She said simply - "I called him on the phone and sent him an email report along with my invoice. He promptly sent me payment and that was that. He never told me why he wanted to find Jones - only that he had disappeared, and he needed to talk to him. He never said what about. That was about a week ago and that's it."

Mitch quickly pondered how to tell Lennon what he knew about the kidnapping of Amanda's lover and what they should do to free him from captivity and make all this end for everyone involved.

Mitch decided to tell the whole story - "OK. What I am about to tell you must be completely, utterly confidential."
Lennon said - "I understand."
Mitch started - "OK. As I said I was hired by Amanda Rossi, the wife of Carlo Rossi, to find her lover, Tyler Jones. Amanda and Tyler have been having a love affair for over two years and, according to her, he simply vanished three weeks ago. They usually meet up about once a month in San Francisco. Her husband thinks she visits her sister but she rarely sees her sister. After getting as much information as I could from her about Jones, I went to his house in San Francisco and discovered overturned furniture, broken glass on the floor and other clues that he had probably been kidnapped. Then I went to the hotel in San Francisco where they usually stayed. That's where I learned that you were there asking questions about the whereabouts of Jones. Then I called my contact in Vegas and he discovered that you had indeed found Tyler. Then, the bombshell - he said Amanda's husband hired some of his goons to kidnap Jones. They kidnapped him, brought him to the Platino and locked him in a secure space in the basement."

Lennon freaked - "Oh my God, what have I done? All I thought I was doing was finding a man that Mr. Rossi needed to talk to. I had no idea that this would happen. This is very, very bad!"

Mitch continued - "Yes, it is very, very bad. Generally speaking, people who get kidnapped and locked up somewhere rarely survive. So we need to come up with a plan to free Mr. Jones, protect you and me and, somehow, make this all go away with all parties still alive and unharmed. That will not be easy given that Rossi is one of the richest, most powerful casino owners in Las Vegas with alleged mob ties. Add to that that the kidnapping of the man that has been having an affair with his wife for two years."

Lennon asked - "So how on earth can we do that?"

Mitch said - "Well, first I need to call Amanda and find out what her status is with Carlo. That's where we need to start. And we need to do whatever we are going to do quickly. I don't think Tyler has much time before something very bad is done to him. You just lay low here and contact me if you get any calls or anything else that gives you a concern. I'm going back to my hotel, think about this and call Amanda. I'll call you as soon as I have a plan after talking to Amanda."

Mitch and Angel Dog headed back to his hotel. All the way there, Mitch kep thinking to himself - "How do I handle this so everyone ends up alive and Carlo goes away quietly. All tough things to accomplish."

After arriving at the hotel, Mitch fed Angel, sat down, and called Amanda.

Amanda answered the call - "Hello."
Mitch said - "Hello Amanda. This is Mitch and I have some very difficult things to discuss with you and develop a plan to solve your problem with everybody still alive and well."
Amanda very nervously asked - "What have you found out? Is this something we need to be face to face?"
Mitch replied - "Yes. I believe we need to meet one on one. When can you meet me again at Ventano's?"
She said - "I can leave right now. Let's say 2:00 o'clock."
He replied - "Sounds good. See you at 2:00."

Mitch said goodbye to Angel, jumped in his car, drove to Ventano's, walked in and was ushered to the private room to see Amanda.

As they sat down, Mitch knew that this conversation was going to be hard on Amanda, but, he needed to know some critical information now that he knew that her lover had been kidnapped and locked up under the order of her husband.

Mitch started - "OK. First - I know where your husband is. But that's only the beginning of this story that has some extremely Difficult things that no one expected."

Amanda surprised asked - "What are those things?"


Mitch - "In the first place, I am not the person who found Tyler. My former girlfriend, Lennon, did. I discovered this after inspected Mr. Jones house in San Francisco. There was broken glass on the floo, turned over furniture and other indications that you lover was kidnapped from his house. That was further supported by the fact that his one-of-a-kind Porsche was still in his garage. After I saw this, I called a contact I have in Vegas and tasked him to find out what, if anything, had happened to Tyler. He discovered that he was, indeed kidnapped, and is currently being held under lock and key in a basement room in the casino. This alone places this job in a whole new category. Your husband obviously knows that you have been having an affair and we don't know what, if any, information Tyler has given him."

Amanda began to tear up with obvious concern for the man she was truly in love with. She didn't know what to say or even ask.

So Mitch continued - "Here is what we have to do to extract you and Tyler from the love triangle that has been created by you, Tyler and now Carlo. That is going to require some very dangerous actions to simply rescue Tyler. He is under constant surveillance and security is very. What your husband has done is a felony under Nevada law. However, as they say - the rich are different than you and me. Therefore, he is not subject to the same laws and rules as the rest of us."

Then Amanda said - "What if I simply filed for a divorce? We have a very strong written prenuptial agreement and adultery cannot be used to alter any alimony that has already been setup. The only reason I have not left him by now is pure, unadulterated fear. He is a very possessive man and always tries to control me. We have become completely uninvolved with each other."

Mitch started to lay out a plan - "First and foremost, we have to free Tyler. I have some people that can accomplish that. First, we need to confirm exactly where he is. Once we do that, then we will quietly as possible find him, free him and then hide him. We will need to document all of this with photographs and other proof that Tyler was, indeed, kidnapped. I will also bring Angel Dog along when we free Tyler. She will take care of the bad guys that will be guarding Tyler if necessary. I also think Lennon should be part of the rescue plan. She is the one that found him. I just found him again after he had been kidnapped. Then you can go to your husband and demand a divorce. You need to go see your lawyer first and have him file for the divorce and produce the papers required for Carlos to sign and agree to your prenup provisions and whatever alimony or money he has to pay you. In addition, you will need him to agree that he will never attempt to do anything to Tyler. If he balks on the divorce and leaving Tyler and you alone, you will tell him you will immediately go to the police and inform them that he kidnapped Tyler.

Amanda then said - "I hope you know what you are doing. This sounds extremely dangerous."

To which Mitch replied - "Don't worry about that. I have done this kind of thing for over twenty years. If it's planned properly, with the right people, it will be successful."

They agreed to move forward with Mitch's plan. Mitch said he would prepare a detailed report with the plan and email it to her by the next day. He left and drove back to the hotel where Lennon and Angel Dog were waiting.

Mitch got back to the hotel around 8:00 PM. When he walked in, Lennon was asleep, and Angel was quietly lying beside her. Mitch was struck by this real vision that he had been dreaming of night after night since she had left. But now she was back, hopefully forever, but that was something she would have to decide. The woman he loved was quietly sleeping waiting for him to return. That was almost surreal. To be sure that she was not disturbed, he just sat down in the chair and fell sleep.

Mitch woke up around 7:00 and took Angel Dog out for a run. They stopped off at one of his favorite places and filled up on an omelet and got some breakfast for Lennon. He didn't want her going out anywhere until this love triangle resolution was completed. They walked in around 9:00 and she had taken a shower and put on a robe drinking some coffee. Seeing her beauty with her wet red hair just drying freely brought back some fabulous memories he had over the last three years.

One thing he noticed was that she was relaxed and not nervous or tense. This made him feel good. He took Angel outside so she could do her business then he fed her. He sat down on the bed and looked at Lennon with pure unadulterated love and desire. As she began to eat the breakfast he brought her, Mitch got up and took a shower and came out in his robe. He thought to himself - "This is like old times - being with the girl I love and my favorite dog." It seemed so natural. But that discussion was for later.

Meanwhile, he needed to tell Lennon what they, he and she, were going to do to resolve the kidnapping issue and insure everyone was alive and free from the uber wealthy casino owner.

So he laid the entire plan out for her and asked - "What do you think and are you in?"

To which she replied - "Absolutely. I've never done anything this big before but I am with you and the team all the way."

After that discussion, Mitch decided to call some people he knew that could help get Tyler Jones free. And he also called and reserved a four-bedroom AIRBNB located in a quiet neighborhood in Hendersonville. He also called and reserved a small hotel in the isolated town of Boulder City about thirty minutes from Vegas.

After calling the crew he was going to use to accomplish the rescue of Mr. Jones, he arranged a meeting at the AIRBNB the next day. After that he and Lennon just enjoyed each other's company, reminiscing about all the great times they had when they were together. Mitch still did not bring up the possibility of Lennon returning back to him.

The next morning after feeding Angel Dog and grabbing a quick breakfast, Mitch, Lennon and Angel Dog drove to the AIRBNB to meet the crew. As they drove up to the house, he noticed that some of the crew had already arrived. He opened the door with the code provided by the owner and let everyone in. They all sat down in the living room to discuss the plan and time frames. Mitch brought an easel to write on so everyone could gain a complete understanding of the task at hand. This group was comprised of a very eclectic group of people who had experience in police work, intelligence and other more serious actions involving extremely violent perpetrators of various crimes, both serious and not so serious. The group included Bobby, a former cop that Mitch had worked with for over twenty years, Joe, a retired CIA agent and Franco, a confidential informant who had done time, Mitch and Lennon. And, of course, The Angel Dog would be part of the crew to perform any actions needed during the rescue.

Mitch explained the plan from top to bottom and expressed to all that they were dealing with a potentially dangerous encounter when they attempted to free Tyler Jones.

After finishing his explanation of his plan, he asked - "Any questions."
To which one of the crew asked - "When."

Mitch answered - "Three days from now on Monday right after midnight. After we free him, I will take him in my car to the place he will be hidden. None of you need to know that. You will all be paid within 24 hours of completing the rescue. Joe, I would like you to do some snooping at the casino and figure out where, exactly, they are holding Mr. Jones. I will deal with her husband myself"

Then Mitch asked - "Please, if there is anyone who wants out, now is the time to speak up. I have you all here because I know you are exceptionally good at the things you do. Enjoy staying here until we complete the mission. Please do not go out together. I will have some food sent over to make sure you are all comfortable."

No one bowed out, so, everything was a go depending on what Joe found out about the location of Tyler in the casino. Joe, the retired CIA agent, knew several people that were connected with the casino that he could trust for information and silence.
Mitch called Amanda. He told her - "I have met with my crew and the plan is being implemented. For your protection, I will not give you any details. Also, I will text you as soon as we have rescued Tim and taken him to a place you don't need know about. In addition, You need to send me another $10,000 so I can pay the people that will be part of this operation. Have you met with your attorney yet.?"

To which she replied - "Yes, everything is in place. All of the divorce papers are ready to file and the prenup agreement has been set up for Carlo to sign. However, this is not going to be easy. He is a very paranoid, controlling man. But I am ready to do this. All I want is to leave the hell I am living in a be with the man I love."

Mitch ended the call - "Amanda, I cannot stress enough, you must keep a low profile until you hear from me that we have Tyler. I will text you as soon as we complete this mission with the word DONE. If you have any problems resolving this, getting the divorce agreed to and an agreement with Carlo that he will leave you and Tyler alone, you need to call me."

After talking to Amanda, Mitch had it very clear in is mind how this mission could be accomplished. The biggest problem was how to deal with Carlo about the impending divorce and the agreement to forget about Amanda and Tyler and let them live their lives. So, he decided to call up a Las Vegas prosecutor he knew from his days as a cop to discuss what his options were in dealing with Carlo, who was guilty of arranging and hiring the men that kidnapped Tyler.

Mitch dialed the number - A lady answered - "Las Vegas Prosecutor's Office, may I help you?"

MItch said - "Please connect me with Theo Clarkson. Please tell him it's Mitch Agosto and it's urgent."

Theo answered the phone - "Mitch, how long has it been. What are you up to these days."

Mitch replied - "Well, I'm a private investigator and I am on a huge cas that I need to run something by you.

Theo replied - "Lay it on me."

Mitch started - "OK. I have a big, complicated case. Anything I tell you must be kept in the strictest confidence. I am trying to help and very high-profile woman, who is married to a very high-profile casino owner. She has a lover who was kidnapped under the direction of her husband. She is ready to file for divorce, but, first, I have to rescue her lover who is kept under lock and key in a room in the basement of a casino. That part of this job is fairly simple and straight forward. I have an exceptionally talented group of men and one woman and my favorite girl Angel Dog to find the guy and rescue him. The problem I have is the husband. He is very wealth, allegedly has mob ties and will probably not be willing to let is wife and her lover ride off into the sunset. So, my question is - Can I tell this guy, if he doesn't agree to the divorce and to leave my client and her lover alone, I will notify the police and your office and he will be charged and tried for kidnapping? Would you take that on and prosecute him if that came to pass?"

Theo answered - "Absolutely, if convicted of kidnapping, he would serve 15 to 20. However, you mus get absolute proof that that is what he did, particularly if he is a wealthy guy. You know what the same - The rich are different than you and me."

Mitch replied - "Well. The lover has been locked up in the casino for about three weeks, so I don't think getting solid evidence would be difficult."

Theo answered - "OK. Just be incredibly careful. My experience with these kinds of things people can get hurt or killed, so make sure you use your thirty years of experience to accomplish this task."

Mitch closed the call - "Don't worry, I have a group of very savvy men and one woman. And, as I said, I will have Angel Dog to help out if necessary. Thanks for the info."

So, Mitch knew that this rescue had to be planned to the utmost degree. No detail was too small.

The Mitch called Joe to see if he had any information on the location of Tyler in the casino.

Joe explained - "Yes, I know what room he is in. It's in the basement of the Platino. I also got the floor plans of the casino, so we will be able to easily go to the room. I also found out the three guys are securing the space he is being kept in. Two guys outside and one inside. So, we need to plan how we are going to take all three out of the picture when we go in."

Mitch said - "Good news. Tell the team that I will be over tonight to discuss who will do what."

It was around 9:00 AM when Mitch finished the calls he needed to make. He looked at Lennon, still asleep, and began to imagine their life together, past, present and future. He wanted to talk to her about getting back together, but decided to wait until this rescue was over. He also decided to personally go see Carlos after they rescued Tyler and had him sequestered in the AIRBNB in the little town of Boulder. He knew this would be the most dangerous part of this plan, but he was certain he could get Amanda and Tyler free and clear after Carlos agreed to the divorce.

Finally, Lennon woke up. She took a quick shower and came out with a robe on, which made Mitch think about their love even more. But, for now, he had some work ahead with her and his team. He and Angel Dog went for a short run. Mitch picked up some breakfast and brought it back for Lennon and hinslef to eat. The rest of the day, Mitch and Lennon looked at the floor plans and reviewed the plan to rescue Tyler. She knew and Mitch knew that, as a gorgeous female, she could play an important role in taking the thugs guarding Tyler off their game. Mitch knew that he had a crew of very accomplished ex-cops and other guys that could get this potentially dangerous job done
At 5:00 o'clock, Mitch, Lennon and Angel Dog piled in the GTO and headed to the AIRBNB. As the team gathered in the living room, Mitch laid out the Casino & hotel floor plans and the schedule of activities and who would accomplish them on the easels he already had.

Mitch began to explain the plan - "OK. We know that Tyler is being held in an empty unused
game room No. 101 in the basement of the casino. The simplest way in is from the lower level of the parking deck. However, that is under heavy security and difficult to enter. So, we are going to reserve several rooms under different names at the casino. Once we check in, everyone needs to get the layout of the place quickly. Lennon will bring Angel Dog in as a service dog. Then at midnight we will take the elevator down to the basement. We will probably have to






























.






















MICK - MICHELANGELO AGOSTO
ANGEL DOG
AMANDA ROSSI
TYLER JONES
LENNON ENGLISH
CARLOS ROSSI
GINO FARINA



© Copyright 2022 KOOLKARMA (amareu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269851-MICHELANGELO--THE-ANGEL-DOG