*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269881-Arrival-on-Kattada-A-Neek-Jale-Short
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #2269881
Star Wars: The Jawa Neek arrives on Kattada
Some Mixture of Boredom and restlessness had finally hit Neek. Who after checking over starliner travel brochures, boarded one of them. Marching the entire AT-HOME into a Starliner cargo hold. Where the Jawa had insisted on remaining through the voyage. The Jawa hanging out with all the comforts of home in the strapped in vehicle. Unlike all of the passengers above, likely sitting in a cramped seat next to a Wookiee who had never bathed or brushed once in their hundred year lifespan. It felt like the longest trip in Neek's life. The Jawa spending the entire duration, including a starliner switch on Correlia in his home. A Starliner bound for the world of Kattada.

Upon the Starliners arrival, Neek emerged from the Cargo Hold. The Jawa was at the controls marching the large vehicle out of the hold and along a service road for Speeders. This area of the space port was entirely enclosed, not set up for tourists eyes. Neek's eyes beheld durasteel and crates from various ships, along with pipes and fuel lines. A far cry from what the tourists were seeing through arched windows. Neek would have his moment soon enough though. At about the point where he would become aware that his species actually had no word for either Beach, a word he didn't understand in the brochure, Or Ocean.

Neek parked his home just outside of the spaceport loading area, just before he actually reached the open air. The Jawa went the rest of the way on foot. The short fellow moving down a service hallway nearby and to where the light shined. That particular spot was host to various tourists and passerby, along with several protocol droids. Clearly on hand to share information about the planet to visitors.

What they likely were not programmed to handle was responding to someone who had never seen an Ocean. Neek walked up to the viewpoint, the Jawa stopping abruptly upon seeing the expanse of blue. Sure there were expanses of rock, expanses of sand. But Neek had never even conceived of oceans. What followed was a quick paced string of jawa trade language, which got a glance from only one traveler who only looked for reasons of the strange tongue. On the other hand, most of the protocol droids turned Neeks way. Responses ranged from 'How Rude' to a reminder about local language ordinances.




© Copyright 2022 CommanderHavond (odrasthedwarf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2269881-Arrival-on-Kattada-A-Neek-Jale-Short