*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2270232-D-Day-is-Saturday
Rated: E · Fiction · Crime/Gangster · #2270232
D Day is Saturday for Daily Flash
D Day is Saturday


A week before the end of the world, Sam Adams was sitting in his office in Berkeley, California. He worked for the Cosmos Institute, dubbed the real X files by the media.

One day he picked up the phone

Cosmos Institute, the Truth is Out there. How can I help you uncover the truth?’

“I have a story for you. A true story about an ancient conspiracy that is about to take down the entire world. Are you interested?’

“Sure. Where shall we meet?”

“Peets Coffee on Walnut and Vine in five minutes. I am wearing a red dress.”

Sam went to the Original Peets and saw her sitting there drinking her coffee engrossed in her cell phone. He got his coffee and sat down and said,

“tell me what’s going on?”

“They’re after me. D Day is coming next week.”

Sam looked at her thinking she was just another delusional wreck. He decided to play along.

“who’s they?”

“The committee.”

“Are you talking about The committee that does not exist?”

“You know about them? Right?”

“Yeah, a secret organization that has been plotting for centuries to bring out a fascist world order. The committee consists of leading right-wing figures around the world.”

“I used to work for the secretariat in DC. It is a real organization but I uncovered the truth. It's all in here” she said handing him a data stick.

“They are watching me, and if they knew you had this your life would be in extreme danger. Trust no one, especially your boss.

“Okay, I’ll look into it. Give me a few days.”

“D Day is in a week. Let’s meet Wednesday. Don’t tell your boss.”

On the way back to the office, a truck ran over Sam Adams. The data stick was never found.

© Copyright 2022 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2270232-D-Day-is-Saturday