*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272119-Donor
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Relationship · #2272119
Flash Fiction
“Do you remember that friend of mine I set you up with a few months ago?”
“How can I forget her?” I say.
“She’s pregnant.”
I’m frozen in my seat. That’s how this news strikes you, always, whether you’ve got a hand in it or not.
“But we never made out!”
“Who said anything about you?” She ridicules me. “She found a sperm donor and conceived after three tries.”
“Oh!” I’m dumbstruck. “How does it work? You sleep with a stranger until you’re pregnant?”
“This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. What’s wrong with you? It all happens through a sperm bank.”
I laugh.
“Is that what she had in mind when you guys were going out?” She asks.
“She never talked about it,” I answer. “We didn’t talk much anyway. Probably that’s what it didn’t work out between us.”
“Nothing ever works out with you. You date as if you want to chase the girls away.”
“Yep. That’s why you should stop pushing me around and setting me up with your friends.”
Our eyes meet for longer than usual. For a moment, I wish she could see it all–peep into my heart and discover what I’ve been feeling all along.
“Ahem!” I clear my throat before it gets awkward. “Anyway, how much was he paid, the donor?”
“Why does that matter?”
“Who knows, I might give it a shot as well.” I wink. She slaps my arm in her cute little way.
© Copyright 2022 dhruvkumar (dhruvkumar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272119-Donor