*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272244-The-Great-Shock-from-Mardi-Gras
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Short Story · Dark · #2272244
After seeing how sinful Mardi Gras is getting, you plan a trip to Disney World
It was February 2022, and you were sitting at home with your family. You had a space heater running inside of the trailer to keep you and your family warm, along with your mother. You and your family is a bit disgruntled because your brother and some of his friends are down in New Orleans for a wrestling event. You couldn't believe that they would rather be down there in that disgusting Hell hole than be up here with family!

On Saturday morning, your wife talks about how your brother just made a post on Twitter talking about going to see a Mardi Gras parade tonight. He says it was called "Krewe Du Vieux" or something like that. You just shrug it off before you go back to doing errands outside the house. Later that night, while you were eating with your family, you hear a blood curling scream from your mother's room. You run in there and ask what is wrong. "Your God forsaken brother just posted a video of the parade he is at and...oh my God, I CANNOT WATCH IT ANY FURTHER, THIS PARADE IS THE WORK OF THE DEVIL! I CANNOT WATCH IT ANY FURTHER OR GOD HELP ME I WILL BURN IN HELL FOR IT!"
You watch the video and as it starts, your eyes get as big as dinner plates...


You became so disgusted, that you immediately threw the laptop out the window and said a prayer for forgiveness.
The very next day at church, you and your whole family prayed for your brother's lost soul after watching such a horrible video.

Months later, in late April, you decided to try to intervene in your brother's life. You do this by booking rooms at a Disney World resort, in early February, hopefully around the time of that sinful Mardi Gras so that your brother won't go to it and his soul can be saved! You tell your mother about the resort and the dates and she said she will email your brother about it.

Days later, you get a text from your brother. It was in regards to the vacation planning:

"What the Hell is this? Why are you planning to go to Disney World around that time? Is this so you can avoid Mardi Gras or something?!? I could understand if you wanted to go during Halloween or Christmas, but during Mardi Gras?!? You know how much I love Mardi Gras, no matter how many times you tell me how sinful it is! And you can tell me I'm going to Hell for it all you want, IT HAS BECOME TRADITION TO GO DOWN THERE DURING, OR CLOSE TO, MARDI GRAS TIME BECAUSE I LIKE TO HAVE FUN!!!"


You then go into shock and start to say another prayer for your brother's Hell-bound soul...
© Copyright 2022 Rossthefox (rossthefox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272244-The-Great-Shock-from-Mardi-Gras