*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272248-The-Caper--WC201
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2272248
Partners in Crime meet at a local Dennys.
The Caper
WC: 201


I had hatched the perfect plan; I thought I had.

My partners in crime agreed to meet me at our local Denny's so we could discuss the caper.

They were awfully quiet, busily scarfing down their Grand Slams while I filled them in.

"So, you guys in?"

"No way!" all three of my buddies said at the same time.

You could have knocked me over with a feather. They were always game.

'It's an easy seven grand each."

"It sounds like it could be illegal?" Eddie said as he shifted in his seat.

I laughed so hard I spit out my coffee.

“When did that ever matter before?” I said.

They all just kept eating.

"We won't get caught,” I said. “I have the combination to the safe. Piece of cake."

Louie kept sliding his eyes up; Arnie was shaking his head really slowly.

Something was up, but what?

That's when these two guys slid out from the next booth and flashed their badges.

Then this little voice in my head spoke to me. You're in trouble now, it said.

As the bigger cop slapped the cuffs on me, he said, "You're in trouble now, son."

I already knew that.
© Copyright 2022 jackiesmuse (jackiesmuse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272248-The-Caper--WC201