*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272494-Saturday
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2272494
Flash Fiction
Saturday

“You didn’t hear this from me... but Ted is cheating on Julia!”

“What!?”

“Yes! Cheating! But you didn’t hear it from me.”

“Well how did you find out?”

“Susan told me!”

“Who’s Susan?”

“You know Susan Jenkins from the Mini Mart.”

“I don’t know her... the redhead?”

“No blond, but she wears a ponytail usually.”

“Oh... the one who works filling the shelves, she’s nice. She always makes fun of me when I lose at Bozerball.”

“You know her?”

“Not well. I didn’t even know her name was Susan. How do you know her?”

“We were in the same class in fifth grade. Plus she lives on Grant, and I live on Wendell, so I always ride the bus with her.”

“Wow, I didn’t even know you knew her. Hey, do you know, offhand, if she’s ah... dating anyone in particular...?”

“You have a crush on Susan Jenkins!?”

“No! Well, yeah, a little...”

“I know she broke up with her old boyfriend months ago, I don’t know if she’s dating anyone else yet...”

“Woo, woo! I’m gonna ask her out today!”

“Cool. Ah, what were we talking about before this?”

“I forget...”

“Let’s go over to Mini Mart now! You can flirt with Susan, and I’ll wipe you out at Bozerball!”

“Deal! Oh hey, there’s Ted and Julia over there... Ted and Julia...? I heard something about Ted and Julia... Just recently I heard something about Ted and Julia...”

“Well, you didn’t hear it from me...”
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272494-Saturday