*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272716-The-War-of-Ice-and-Fire-pt-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #2272716
A Fictional Fantasy & Action novel for ages 11+ due to complexity and violence.
The War of Ice And Fire pt 2

A Fiction, Fantasy & Action Novel by Juliana Chu




Chapter 5 Self-Centered Blaze


          Alaska woke up, she was feeling better and well rested. She walked to the table and sat on it, there were no chairs. She frowned. "My mother never cared for me, I don't want to grow up like her. And my dad, he's just proud of me because of my courage" She said, expressing her feelings to the wall. She hears a knock at the door, she hops off the table and opens the door to find Lumi, "We're ready for you, there has been some rumor of a Fire Bender sighting going around. A nearby Ice Bender market has report's of a seen Fire Bender, no-one knows for sure, but we need to stand ready." Said Lumi, "I'm ready" She said while grabbing her bag.
          Flame stood in front of Blaze with the coronet and a flame charm she had bought at a trading post. Having made her way back quite easily because she had a horse. "Here is your precious item, and a flame charm." she hoped the dragon would deem the charm enough. The dragon looks down. "Ah, yes, you have brought the items I requested. Good, now I will help you.. Meet me at the nearest fire bender outpost! GO!!" He said in a terrifying roar.
          Icicle heard something like noises outside of people shouting. Suddenly, her door flew open as Lumi entered the room with Alaska and a few other guards. "Icicle, we need to prepare now before the Fire Bender's can. I just hope they haven't yet." Icicle follows them and they gather all the remaining ice benders at their hideout about 600 in all, "There's not enough to fight an ar-" Icicle was interrupted by an Ice Bender, "I-i-icicle, A-a-rmy" He stutters "D-d-dragon!" He collapses in fear. Lumi ran over and put her ear to his chest, she slowly got up, "H-he's dead." Alaska runs over "Likely a panic attack." she looks at Icicle, "A dragon Icicle, how are 600 Ice Bender's going to fight a dragon! With a firebender army!"
Flame created a portal and stepped through it to the fire benders base. "Flame!" They saw her best friend, Ruby running towards her. "There have been rumors that the icebender princess is alive!" "Alaska? Impossible! we killed her parents ten years ago, a six year old couldn't have survived by herself for that long." Ruby now looked very serious "N-no, it's true!" "Get out! And prepare out troops for battle, we now hunt for the princess"
A commotion of men and women, grabbing weapons, arming themselves, and warming up is heard at the hideout. Everyone was getting prepared for the battle about to happen. Lumi, while shouting out order's, grabs her bow, she walks to a stand and grabs a huge bundle of arrows, Icicle walks toward her and whispers something, then grabs a sword and a dagger. Alaska was in no need of weapons, she had her own. The ready troops are sent out of the hideout, the archers, led by Lumi, climb up the trees in the forest surrounding the hideout. Icicle and Alaska, side by side walk to the front of the line, awaiting the battle ahead.


Chapter 6 March


          The dragon put the charm around one finger. It worked as a ring because it was so small, he walked out of his cave with large booms as his feet shook the ground beneath him. He walks in front of the sun shining on his cave. It warmed him. "I've been stuck in a cave for too long!" He shouted, letting all the rage out, as he burned all the trees surrounding him, he flapped his wings, he attempted to fly, but fell and landed hard on the stone. He tried and tried again until finally he got used to flying once more, he let out a mighty roar and blew fire everywhere, burning most in his path, he headed towards the nearest outpost, having much trouble finding such a small building.
          He meets Flame, and an army of 890,800 soldiers. "So, you arrived here finally." Said Flame. "Yes, your outpost is so small it was so hard to find." Flame was annoyed by the dragon. But he was much more powerful than her and she wouldn't want to be dinner. Army! We march 5 miles toward the snow! Do not kill the princess!" Shouted Flame. Blaze blows his mighty flames, melting the snow everywhere, he knew he was close, the army marches in with their swords behind him, looking through the ground for any sign of a clue to where the ice bender's hide-out is, a soldier in the front line shouts, "Ice Bender army Ahead!" "How many?!" Shouted Flame. "Around only 400 give or take a few" they mocked. Soon, they came upon the army, Blaze burning the trees surrounding the hideout. "Cowards! To the ones who hold shields!" They mock.

          Flame stepped to the front of the line, the army of the fire bender's closing upon them, soon, face to face with the Ice Bender army, Flame, confronting Alaska and turning to Icicle shouts "Oh we'll need her but you can do whatever you want with her, just bring her to me alive." Then, sharply turning to Alaska, Said "Lets see how well you can fight me." She laughs, not taking her eyes off Alaska's. "Fight!" She shouted. Icicle motions for the archer's to ready. "Fire!" She said as arrows whooshed to the Fire Benders killing many. Twik! An Ice bender shoots a stinging arrow at the dragon, "Who, dares?!" he said, as he burns the tree to ashes, Lumi falling to the ground.

          Icicle watched as the dragon cleared the snow away, she mysteriously does not mourn for her sister. "Alaska, it's been so long since the Ice dragon has been here, ever since she went away, the Fire Benders have been gaining power. We need more people. We can't fight a dragon let alone an army! We have nearly 500 soldiers and 100 archers, not enough to fight hundreds of thousands!" Alaska sighs. Then a plan is starting to form! "They only think they have the upperhand. We are ice. And do you know what ice does after it melts?" She said smiling. "it turns into water. So this is my plan," She said. "Every warrior ice bender will come out and make a huge ice wall. Then hopefully they will melt it. But if we make it big enough, then they melt it and they will wash themselves away. Which will weaken them, and buy us some time." She says grunting halfway and killing a Fire Bender.

Chapter 7 Victory, or defeat?


          "That would be a good plan if they didn't have a dragon on their side" Icicle said. Alaska smiles, "But he will only melt it faster." She said, Blocking another attack from Flame "Come on! Fight me, stop defending yourself" Said Flame angrily "I'm only smarter than you Flame." Said Alaska. "All Ice Bender's! Blast your ice on my command!" "Okay! 3, 2, 1 Blast your ice!" She said as the whole Ice Bender army makes a huge wall of dense packed ice reaching ten feet higher than the dragon. "Everyone back to the fort!" The army ran back to the hidden door to the fort. They open it and go inside and shut the icy door behind them. Then they climb up a watch tower and watch what will happen next..

          Flame looked around just as the blizzard hit them. "Come on! This ice wall must not be that strong, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to create it that fast." They pointed their weapons at the ice wall and let loose a net of fire, slicing through the blizzard.
          Icicle gathered up her remaining strength and did something surprising, she did a giant ice blast, so strong it blasted the fire benders away, creating a 150 foot tall and thick never melting ice around them, she blinked, and dropped to the ground. Alaska gets up. "Wow Icicle, come on that was a big ice blast where are you!?" she said as she dropped. The blizzard gets so bad all the Ice Bender's start to go back down the watchtower . "We're safe for now, which will buy us some time. We need to prepare for the worst." Said Alaska, The people start to go back down the watchtower's, but Alaska stay's jumping off the 30 feet watchtower and landing in a side roll.
          "Icicle! Icicle!! Where are you?" Alaska shouts, the blizzard was dense and blinding, after a while, the snow started to build on Alaska's skin, making it almost impossible to move. After 20 minutes of tiring searching, Alaska gives up hope, and gets inside the hideout. Whacking off the ice clumped to her skin.
          Soon the blizzard stopped and the ice wall started to melt, "Stop!" Flame yelled, but no one heard her, she was the only one who had hid, she had found an animal burrow to hide in. Soon the ice turned into a tsunami that swept the army out of the ice and went all the way to the fire land, where the ground was hot and dry and it soaked up. Flame slowly got up. . "Come on, get up!" She said to herself. She looked around and saw an Ice Bender, and it was Icicle! She ran over and grabbed her by the arm. Searching frantically for her ring, unsuccessfully. She cursed, now there was no way for her to get back fast. She found some tattered rope and tied it around Icicle, she dragged her out of the battlefield, and back to Blaze's cave.
          The dragon lays down being heated up by soldiers. He was very weak, the blizzard and waves made the charm fall off. So he was freezing cold, his wings were too delicate and weak, so they had to be amputated. And he could never fly again, he moaned in pain, he had several arrows stuck to his neck, all Ice Bender arrows which were spreading cold through his body rapidly, all the medics and soldiers aided the dragon. Using up much of their medical resources.
          Alaska walks into her room, weeping over the great sorrow of her friend. She layed on her bed, and noticed a bookshelf she hadn't before. She started to read some of the books. She read about ancient history. Many terrible stories of the savage fire. Also, about Fice Bender's, it was in the last page of the book, it was so dusty. Alaska was gasping for air. She assumed no one had read about it in a long time. And of course, curiosity won over her and she started reading.

Chapter 8 Captured


          Icicle shivers woke up in an uninviting prison, she noticed bones scattered everywhere, and suddenly she was super cold like never before, she found a blanket and warmed herself by a small wimpy fire in the cell. Icicle looks down and realizes there is a puddle of melted ice under her. "Icicle, what have you done!?" She said to herself. Icicle realized why no ice bender ever did an energy blast anymore, it released every ice in their body, the only other thing was....FIRE, she looked down, instead of ice, beautiful fire now covered her body, "Icicle, well well well, look what I dragged in. You're going to stay here until I find out more about you. Then you will help us with locations, names, and more important stuff. And you better be corporate, otherwise I'll send an army down for your friend, and even though she's strong, you know she can't fight an army." Said Flame, with a sinister laugh.
          Flame leaves the cave, many fire bender's were outside recovering from the battle, but most were back at the Fire Bender kingdom, but these soldiers must've been swiped another way. "It just doesn't make sense." Flame ended with, she had been writing a letter to the firebender king and queen to tell them where they were, she got up and went to the dragon's library. The "books" were volcanic rock tablets because, well, paper burned. She sat down and started researching.
          Alaska continues reading through, the first part was just warning's on not to do stuff, such as large blasts, or being exposed to your opposite bending for too long. She read more, and she started to get an idea of it. "No, Icicle can't be a Fice Bender. That's Impossible!" She said and got up, throwing the book out the window.
          Flame researched for a while, then found that when an ice bender is exposed to too much fire overtime it can change her, or if she/he makes something of a huge blast, same with the fire bender's they basically turn into a slightly weaker than normal ice or fire bender, and they can't turn back unless they are a 1% of the Fice Bender's who can willingly turn back. No, thought flame Icicle can't be one of those, right? She starts to worry on the inside and keeps trying to convince herself she's wrong. She walked outside to see the last thing she imagined, "Blaze!?" She shouts, "I thought you were at the Fire Bender kingdom." "Well, I was but I wanted to leave there and walk here, cause no thanks to you! I can't fly anymore!" the dragon was eating, she tapped his snout. "Have you ever seen a Fice Bender? I have a feeling of something but I need to make sure it's not a legend" "Yes, and I killed one once, I hung her head on my cave wall. It's bones now but it is a trophy, her name was Crystal or whatever nobody cares. She was a young child, yet a spy and quite an annoying one at that. I hate her and I'm glad she's dead." He said, in an eye roll.
          "Icicle, is Crystal's younger sister? she's hopefully not a temporary Fire bender, I don't fully understand it but is it possible that Icicle is a Fice Bender? If so, we're in big trouble"
          Icicle gets to work, Flame was in the library, and not watching her, she realized that the cell bars were very rusty, Icicle tried to blast it with Fire, but she couldn't do anything! She weeps. She would never be able to use power's again. She then remembered her charm! Flame had taken her weapons, but hadn't found her portal charm, Icicle pulled it out of a hidden pocket behind her belt, she made a portal to Alaska..
          Alaska ran out of her room, she had one thought, where was Lumi? Remembering she fell off a tree she ran to burn down the tree which was now ashes. She saw no one, no bones, no body's, nothing. Alaska thought this strange, and thought Lumi's body had been burned, she didn't know for sure, but she didn't have time to lose, she started to run when she tripped and fell, a book was on the floor and it was slightly burned but it spelled out "Frostbite" Alaska sat down and opened the book, it showed hand drawn sketches of Fire Bender's making weaponry, and a cave with a very wiped away sketch of a tail and a wing. Alaska looked more frantically for something that said a location, her eyes stopped on landmarks, which were; Armory, Cave, Close to Fire Bender. And the rest was burned, Alaska knew where she had to go.
          Alaska was running from Fire soldiers. She had been caught sneaking through the bushes when she snapped a twig . The alarm sounded.. She ran quickly, freezing the dark fiery figures behind her. She knew Flame would see this. When she finally lost sight of the firebenders she journeyed in the direction of mountains. Suddenly, a portal opened in front of her and Icicle popped out! Alaska nearly fainted at the sight of her, but they shed tears of joy to each other. Alaska told her everything, and Icicle had told her that she had never known about any books. A shudder ran down both their spines. But Alaska quickly shifted the topic to Lumi, she explained everything, but Icicle only smiled.
          After days of running almost nonstop, they were absolutely exhausted, they felt as if no energy was left for them to spare, they were out of food and surviving on anything that came their way, like animals and edible plants. Finally, they reached a point far up the mountains, they came upon caves, with ancient writing, Alaska gasped, "I don't know what it says but it was in the book!" too hard to see, she tries to read them unsuccessfully. She walks into the cave to settle for the night.. Icicle wakes up to hear footsteps and turns around, to see a Fire bender squad, one of them spots her and blows his horn! They are immediately surrounded and captured



Chapter 9 The Rise of Frostbite


          Alaska awoke by a loud banging. She looked around.. It came from around her, she was tied up along with Icicle, she saw Icicle's portal charm in pieces on the ground. Alaska assumed she had tried to escape with it but they destroyed it. She looked around her, inside was a SWARM of fire benders. They were making some sort of lava... They were... Blacksmiths? Alaska was in deep thought... Was it the secret armory of the Fire Benders? And why is it so secret? She puzzled for a while, then she started to get very hot. "I've found the armory! Oh my goodness! What... This is the core to all of the swords and shields!" Then she started to sweat. And so did Icicle, "Left" Icicle whispered. Alaska grabbed the dagger Icicle had on her belt, she cut the back of her ropes, as not to arouse suspicion. She did the same for Icicle, Alaska grabbed a piece of scrap metal throwing it at a huge bell, the bell made an eardrum breaking chime. Icicle and Alaska closed their ears with their vests.

          Something stirred and sent a blast of very cold air the Fire Benders way... deep in the heart of what was supposed to be the Ice Benders territory, the noise stirred a blue figure, it was a great ice dragon! It was moving and if she was awakened, she would make more, let the lava fall off of the "dead" Ice Benders, and create an army of Ice Benders, who would restore the Icy Territory... Her eye flickered open once again, and another Icy blast was sent to the Fire Benders. Screams of terror were heard but by the blink of an eye they we're gone.

          Alaska turned around quickly. The ice dragon was slowly, but surely breathing once more. She kneeled to the dragon. This dragon she hoped was kind and loving, unlike the Fire dragon who was ruthless and arrogant. According to the book. She slowly steps back.


          Flame looked around frantically, "Our prisoner is gone!!" Flame was speechless, there was no sign of escape, she had just vanished!

          "You have awoken me Alaska" The ice dragon's melodious voice brought snowdrifts springing up throughout the area. Suddenly a white patch glows on Icicle's skin. The fire benders that were making weapons slowly froze, the dragon started to move once more, not sleeping, but awake. The dragon stretched her wings, her wings covered 320 feet from wing tip to wing tip. She was as big as Blaze! Alaska gazed upon the beautiful dragon, who was rising slowly, but surely. The dragon slowly opened her eyes, at that split second, The Blacksmiths sizzled from the unbearable coldness
Alaska looked up at the dragon, "We need you to help us, we are helpless at this moment. They have the fire dragon Blaze on their side, most of our home is being destroyed, if they rule, they will be continuously killing, hurting, and more, that is too unbearable to say. We are trying to hold back, but we lost much hope when my best friend Icicle... Fell to the fire, I ask only that you help us protect our land, give us the upper hand... And after that is done. You will stand by my side." She said

          "Ahh Blaze..." She said frowning "The Disgusting thing. The ice benders territory has been restored and the icelanders have been awakened, I will meet with Blaze soon" Said Frostbite Darkly. But, Icicle is not forever a Fire Bender she says as Icicle turned back into her own self Alaska thanked Frostbite greatly, "How am I back?" Said Icicle to the dragon. "You will find out on your own someday, I am not the person to tell you." Then Alaska set off to the ice bender castle "Mount Icemark" where the start of Alaska's journey began. Icicle tried to use her power's but to no avail. She would have to use swords and daggers from now on.

          "Icicle. I think my parents are alive, Since Frostbite has restored our territory. That's why I've come back here. I think Frostbite turned you back. And it's weird my parents never died; they were only petrified, just like almost all the soldiers. But it was long ago." Then she comes across a half burned tree, and a dried out river, then Alaska gasps, "here! My parents were that way!" She said running past the tree down the hill and to the battleground. Rusted swords and armor lay on the ground. There was dense fog. Some spoils of war still stood. Statues the color of coal stood. Bones lay on the ground. She walked to the middle of the battleground. Coal-like statues stood around two partially melted magma. Alaska gasps as she gazes up upon the beautiful queen Willow. And king Apollo, they were holding swords, and Apollo was shouting at a frozen fire bender. The magma was hot, but suddenly, the lava was starting to drip off Queen Willow and King Apollo.



Chapter 10 Reunited!


         Apollo and Willow's frozen figures slowly melted away. Before long, they stood tall and majestic. They were the king and queen! Alaska walked up to them, looked into her mothers eyes, and then to her fathers. She embraced them with a joyful smile. After the long and joyful reunion, Alaska gazed in wonder at her mother's face. She introduced Icicle, "Mom...Dad, it's been years, to tell the truth. I've missed you so much, but I'd like you to meet Icicle, my best friend. She rescued me, although I would've been fine myself." She grinned at Icicle.
         "I'm sure of it, Alaska," Icicle said. Then Alaska's mother looked at her left ear.
         "What happened to your ear, Alaska?" she asked with a deep frown.
         Alaska looked down, "I love you, Mother - but I don't want to share my depressing and hard past," she said in a sad voice, "but I will tell you about our enemies and what we're expected to be facing in the future." She told her mother about Flame, Blaze, Frostbite, and all of her adventures. She concludes, saying, "We need to strike fast before the fire benders do! I haven't seen Flame in awhile. Icicle, have you?" Icicle became worried.
         "No.. I haven't. Do you suppose they're planning something?"
         Alaska spoke quickly, "Yes..."
         The queen interrupted, "I do, Flame is a tricky person. Never give up, my stubborn-willed girls, but be fearful of dragons. Learn to respect them, but let us meet the dragon Frostbite that you have told me of. I want to see her once again."




         A snap went off and a clamp was heard. The head of a bounty hunter group yelled "Men! Our trap went off, I think we've got a bite! Get ready, we will go to the trap now!"

TO BE CONTINUED...

The War of Ice and Fire Book 2: Fallen Hope.

Releasing Soon!

Date of release will be put here when Fallen Hope is done being processed.

Thank you for reading!


Icicle's Hideout


         

© Copyright 2022 Juliana Chu (jasflower77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272716-The-War-of-Ice-and-Fire-pt-2