*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2273257-Surprise
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2273257
Flash Fiction
Surprise

“Oh Ted! Thank you, thank you !!” Susan said grabbing him and whirling him around.

Surprised, Ted mumbled, “For what?”

“Oh, sneaky! I know you did it! You’re one of the few people who knew what I really wanted.”

“The...?”

“Don’t be coy! You are the sweetest boyfriend I could imagine,” she said.

Suddenly realizing he was in over his head, he shut up. Then realizing he better find out what it was she was gushing about, just in case it was going to blow up in his face, he started sneaking questions into the conversation.

“So you like it huh?” he said, as if he just gave up and was admitting it was him.

“Like? I love it!! I just hope you’re not disappointed if it doesn’t work out... I’m so sure it will though!”

Now Ted was totally confused. Something that might not work out? Well, he was also no fool, he was not going to ruin his relationship with Susan trying to get credit for something he didn’t even do... on the other hand, now he had to get out of it without getting in trouble...

“So,” he said after some quick thinking... “you’re not talking about going to see ‘Big Gillis’ at the Paramount tonight, like I thought?”

“No! But yes, I’d love to!! But not tonight. Then it must be my father that gave me this ‘Free Adoption’ card to the kennel fund raiser this afternoon. I love Dad! And I’m finally getting a dog!! Will you come with me to check them out?”

“I’d love to! You better check and see if your Dad wants to come too”

“Oh, Yes! Great idea.”

Ted and Dad had a great time at the fund raiser. Though, both a bit disappointed when Susan actually adopted a cat...
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2273257-Surprise