*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2273414-Melinas-Mud-Mishap
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Comedy · #2273414
A young woman's day goes from bad to worse after getting herself stuck in the mud.
Twenty-three year old Melina Thompson was wondering what she had done to deserve such a bad day as she sat on the bonnet of her broken down car as her stomach began rumbling again while her out of battery phone was in her jacket pocket.

The young woman was 5'5, 135 pounds, had beautiful long light brown hair and green eyes covered by glasses.

Her curvaceous figure was covered by her favourite short red dress with white polka dots, black tights and a denim jacket over the top of it.

Melina then decided to go for a short walk and began walking while looking around at the beautiful scenery.

A few minutes later, she reached a wooden fence and quickly climbed over the top of it and jumped without looking as she heard a loud squelching noise and saw that she was now up to her knees in a puddle of mud.

The young brunette placed her right hand over her face in disbelief at her latest mishap and said, "This could literally only happen to me today but at least, my dress is only a small bit of mud on it," then then tried to pull herself out of the puddle but was absolutely shocked to discover that she was unable to.

Melina's eyes grew wide as she said, "You have to be kidding me, maybe I should have looked at what was underneath me before jumping off that fence," then quickly grabbed onto a sign that ironically said, "Danger: Thick Mud Nearby!,"

She pulled and pulled with all her strength but unfortunately, she still just wouldn't budge and was hit with the realization that she was in fact completely and utterly stuck.

The young woman said, "Oh, it's just no use, I'm stuck here and pulling is just getting me even more stuck," as she began pulling up the bottom of her dress in order to keep it for getting anymore dirty.

She then remembered that she couldn't call her boyfriend Michael or her best friend Lisa for help as she realized that she should probably get herself comfortable because she wouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Melina spent the next fifteen minutes after a brief rest, unsuccessfully trying to pull herself free again while calling out, "Help, Could someone please help me, I'm stuck, Help," before finally giving up as she felt really tired and her throat hurt.

The young brunette drank some of her water from her bottle in her jacket pocket then said, "I wonder how long it will take someone to realize that I'm missing because it's now been nearly 45 minutes since my car broke down."

Just then, an only slightly less curvaceous glasses wearing young blond wearing a little blue t-shirt and a pair of pink short shorts was walking past when she suddenly spotted Melina stuck in the mud and quickly ran over to her then said, "Oh my goodness, are you all right, I'm Sinead, what's your name," as she stuck out her right hand.

The young woman said, "I'm fine thanks, I'm just really stuck, and it's a pleasure to meet you, SInead, I'm Melina," as she then explained her entire situation.

SInead said, "Oh dear, you poor thing, today just isn't your day, but don't worry, I'll happily pull you out of there, give me your hands."

Melina knew this probably wasn't going to work but decided it was worth a try as she stuck out her hands as the young blond quickly grabbed onto them with her own hands and pulled and pulled with all her strength.

The young brunette didn't think anything was happening at first but then suddenly heard more squelching sounds and was herself actually begin to budge and said, "Oh my god, Sinead, you're stronger than you look, keep pulling, and please put your back into it because I'm coming free."

Sinead pulled and pulled even harder as the epic tug of war continued until suddenly, an very loud squelching sound was heard as Melina was pulled from the mud at last, sending the two tumbling backwards into a heap on the grass.

The now overjoyed and very relieved woman said, "Thank goodness for that, I'm free, I'm finally free, I can't believe it," as she then realized that she had accidentally landed on top of the poor young blond, causing her face to turn beet red with embarrassment as she quickly helped her back to her feet before hugging her and saying thank you for helping her out.

SInead said, "It was absolutely no problem, you're very welcome, I needed some exercise this week anyway, I really like your dress, but I think I would like it more without the mud stains," as she began laughing.

Melina said, "I would too, I'm going to be more careful in future about where I'm going because I don't know how long I would have been stuck there if you didn't come along."

The two then began laughing at the ridiculousness of the entire situation before climbing back over the fence to the young brunette's car.

The young blond was able to fix Melina's car while Melina called her boyfriend using Sinead's phone after eating a sandwich and piece of chocolate fudge cake that Sinead had given her.

The two young women soon became close friends and regularly went on walks together, while always making sure to avoid mud puddles.

The End.







© Copyright 2022 Kieran1998 (kierannorth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2273414-Melinas-Mud-Mishap