*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2273620-The-Men-Who-Starved-Their-People
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by T.K
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #2273620
Based on Russian History
The Men Who Starved Their People

Two men stood on top a tower. One turned to the other and said, "I'm going down to see my people." The other man stayed there.
When the first man had arrived, many of his people had died, but he looked back at the tower and said "Look at how strong this magnificent tower is. He saw a carriage filled with death, and starved bodies mutilated. Not one grain was left at the bottom of the tower. He continued through the dust and saw a child eating. It looked at him, but said nothing. The child offered the man some food, but the man gagged at the foul stench of it. The child bit into it again, tearing out the raw flesh and chewing the skin. The man saw it was time to leave.

Back atop the tower, the man sat. He turned to the second man who was smiling at him. "We fed ourselves well. Down there they have nothing but themselves," the first man said. The second man nodded. As they stared into the distant horizon, the first man took his last breath and died. The second man then said "I'm going down to see my people."

And so he did.
© Copyright 2022 T.K (h.p.milkcraft at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2273620-The-Men-Who-Starved-Their-People