*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2273811-Ginas-Job
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2273811
Flash Fiction
Gina’s Job

“Hi, my name is Jeff,” the young man said, smiling brightly.

Gina looked at him, looking like she may have seen him before, but wasn’t sure where. “Oh!” she said, as if just getting a thought, “from Murphy’s?”

“Ah, no...” he said, but she interrupted him before he could add more.

“Hennessey’s right? I’m sure I’ve seen you at Hennessey’s! Or, was it at The Blue Bell? I don’t go there as much, you certainly look familiar!

He started to speak again but she overrode him, “No, no don’t tell me!! I know I know you! Do you work in town?”

“Sort of... um...”

"No, no I’m sure I’ll get it! I used to work for the town before I retired. I hope you don’t work for the town, do you? They have a terrible retirement plan! I swear if it wasn’t for my daughter I’d be a bag lady by now. My daughter is wonderful though, I suppose that’s because of the things they see being on the police force. She tells me things sometimes. I just can’t believe that some people are so rotten, and some of us oldies, so clueless!! You don’t work for the town do you?”

“Ah, no, I don’t.”

“I’m so glad! Well, I’m clueless, how do I know you?”

“I’m sorry, you don’t actually know me. I was just going to ask you which was the easiest way to get to Millsborough.”

Gina smiled, “Oh! So funny! Well, the quickest is down Long Street there,” she said pointing, “ it’s about two miles though...”

“That’s fine, I walk all the time. Thank you!” off he went.

And another senior citizen scammer was flushed out of town by Gina. Gina celebrated with an apple pie, from Murphy’s. And she ate the whole thing herself!
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2273811-Ginas-Job