*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2274345-Devils-Advocate
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2274345
Till death do us part.
“Why would you say that?”
Cindy stared out the distance before she asked.
“Say what?
Buddy rolled his eyes, feeling rather exasperated by her cool demeanor.
“Why would you say “This place is haunted.” That is a silly thing to say. Especially now.”
Cindy half smiled, batted her eyes at him and then returned her gaze back into the distance.
“No one ever appreciates my dark humor.”
Buddy chuckled, not sure if he should entertain her or move as far away from her as possible.
“Do you remember anything?” Cindy wondered.
Buddy sighed before he replied: “Immense pain and then it was over.”
Cindy laughed as she enjoyed the uneasiness that he displayed.
“That is not funny, you evil woman!” Buddy snapped. “Why would you do this to me? I thought you loved me.”
“That is the reason why I did it.”
He hated her at that moment.
“You killed me in cold blood!”
“No, it was because you decided to play devil’s advocate. You just didn’t realize that I was willing to play.”
Buddy sneered at her and he hollered his words: “It meant nothing!”
“It meant everything!”
There was silence for a moment.
“The only thing I did not expect was your retaliation! Now look where we stand!” Cindy cried with excitement.
“Where the hell are we?”
They both looked around absorbing their unfamiliar surroundings. The ground shook as it began to crack open, revealing the flames underneath, ready to lick the flesh off their feet.
“Where we belong,” Cindy said realizing that karma had come for both of them. Fear made them reach for each other. But as the ground split opened, they found themselves being torn apart. Screams of terror crescendo as they fell into a bottomless pit that awaited for their fate.
© Copyright 2022 Serena Blade (letyv1981 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2274345-Devils-Advocate