*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2274478-The-Principal
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2274478
Flash Fiction
The Principal

“You have to do something about it.”

“Me?” Janet said, “Why me? I have nothing to do with this”

“Well, I can’t do anything. I’m the principal! If I let her do it, I’ll be spoiling her because she’s my child. If I don’t let her do it, she will never speak to me again.”

You’re the one who said having your own child in your school would never be a problem. You said you could separate being the principal from being the father. You said that!”

“Well, just as I tell the parents of my students when they have an issue, you never know what’s going to be an issue until you’re in the middle of it.”

“And your way out is to make ME do something?”

“Well... You’re her mother!”

“Well, you’re her father!”

“This is getting us nowhere.”

“I know, but I don’t know what to do!”

Suddenly a small voice came up from the doorway. “Do about what Daddy?”

“Jenny! How long have you been standing there?”

“Just a little while...” she frowned, “Why don’t you want me to wear it?”

“Honey!” Mom said, “We do want you to wear it, just not to school.”

“But I told all my new friends!”

“I know...” Mom said, “What if we have all those friends over for a party and you can all dress up for it!”

“Yes!! Yippee!” off she ran.

“I knew you could do it....” Frank started.

“Right, and I’ll be nominated head of the PTO when it gets out we’re having a Christmas Party in September just so our daughter can wear her angel outfit...”

“I’m starting to realize that when parents tell me parenting is hard, they’re actually right...”

“Well, it will probably make you a better principal, Honey.”

“Right...”
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2274478-The-Principal