*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2274776-The-Flower-Bed
Rated: E · Fiction · Home/Garden · #2274776
Daily Flash Fiction - 6/13/22 - W/C 197


The Flower Bed

“Yikes!” I stuck my thumb in my mouth, sucked on it like a baby. Hitting it with that brick was a dumb move. Yep, dumb rookie move. You’d think I’d know how to fix a flower bed.

Instead of waiting another year for hubby to fix the border of the flower bed, I took this project on myself. I gathered the bricks, dug the border, placed the bricks just so, and now, have a swollen thumb to show for my efforts.

I thought of that nursery rhyme. `Little Jack Horner sat in a corner eating his Christmas pie. He stuck in a thumb and pulled out a plum and said, "What a good boy am I".'

“Who are you talking to?” hubby asked.

My heart skipped a beat. “What? Oh just nursing my poor thumb.”

“I was just coming out to help. What’d you do now?”

“Banged my thumb with the hammer. Rookie move.” I shoved said thumb into his round face.

“Move aside, let me finish.” And slick as anything, he finished the flower bed border.

“Nice. Looks good.”

“Come on you, let’s go stick that thumb in some ice. And I’ll bake you a pie.”


W/C 197
© Copyright 2022 Queen NormaJean Greeneyes (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2274776-The-Flower-Bed