*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2276323-The-envious-little-lamb
Rated: E · Lyrics · Animal · #2276323
the lamb lost his good life for being selfish
The envious little lamb

Once upon a time there was a little lamb who lived like a marquis, or rather like a king, because he was the most pampered animal on the farm. Neither the pigs, nor the horses, nor the chickens, nor the rest of the older sheep and rams were as loved as he was, they enjoyed so many privileges. This was because he was so white, so soft and so cute, that the three farmers' daughters treated him like a pet that they spoiled and indulged his every whim because the girls loved him very much.
Every morning, as soon as the sun rose, the sisters went to the stable to comb it with a special brush and almond oil that kept its curly wool silky and shiny. After that comforting beauty treatment, they would accommodate him on a soft silk cushion and caress his little head until he fell sound asleep. If he was thirsty when he woke up, they offered him water from the spring scented with a few drops of lemon, and if he felt cold they hurried to cover him with a loving colored blanket woven by themselves. As for his food, it was not even remotely the same as what his colleagues received. The lucky lamb had its own porcelain plate and fed on family leftovers, so his daily diet consisted of exquisite meat stews and desserts based on chocolate creams that further sweetened his cloying life. .
Interestingly, despite having more rights than anyone else, this favored and overfed lamb was an extremely selfish animal: as soon as he saw farmers coming to drop off food, he ran off trampling the others to get there first and eat the food. maximum amount possible. Obviously, the rest of the herd was shocked because they thought he was the most rogue on the planet.
One day the chief sheep, the one who commanded the most, said to him in a very angry tone:
– But what a hard face you have! I don't understand how you are able to take food away from your friends. You, who live among cotton wool and have everything!... You are a scoundrel!
– Well, well, you're going a bit too far… What you're saying isn't fair!
– What is not fair?!… You lead a life of luxury every day you live surrounded by exquisite delicacies, worthy of an emperor. Is it that you do not have enough with everything they give you? Please don't think only of yourself and think of others too!
The lamb put on a circumstantial face and, with the insolence of someone who has everything, he responded by showing very little sensitivity.
– The truth is that I eat to bursting and I can't stand that others enjoy something that only I deserve!
The sheep was speechless.
– Are you telling me that you don't care if we eat or not?
The lamb shrugged and made a nonchalant face.
– If you want to call it envy, that's fine with me.
Now yes, the sheep went into a rage.
– Very well, because you have asked for it!
Without saying anything else, he gave a whistle that echoed throughout the farm. Seconds later, thirty-three ewes and nine rams responded to his call. They all surrounded the inconsiderate lamb.
– Listen carefully! As you know, this combed and puffed-up lamb eats delicious food every day and doesn't care if we eat or not. Isn't it abominable?
The discomfort began to be felt among the audience and the sheep continued with her argument.
“In a herd neither greed nor abuse of power is allowed, so in my opinion, there is no place for him on this farm anymore. Whoever agrees to get out of here forever, raise your paw!
There was no need to count: all without exception raised their hooves. Faced with such an overwhelming result, the head of the clan determined the expulsion of him.
– Grab your belongings and go!
It was all against one, so the lamb took his blanket and just left, . It must be said that once again fortune was on his side, because before nightfall he arrived at a huge ranch that from that day on became his new home. Of course, in that place he did not find girls who consented to it. There he was, simply, one more in the stable.
what do you think about the reading?
© Copyright 2022 Prisila (prisilavichis2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2276323-The-envious-little-lamb