*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2276753-The-Devil-Prince
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Fantasy · #2276753
Pete's father locked him in a tower. Will he find out why?

The Devil Prince

Once upon a time there was a prince named Pete who lived locked in the highest tower of a castle located in the middle of the forest which was guarded by the royal guards, he hoped someday to escape from his confinement, the only person he saw daily was his mother Queen Erika who visited him secretly from his father King Chris because due to a prediction he received as a child decided to lock him up so he would not be a danger to the safety of the kingdom.

One day during his mother's daily visits he suddenly began to tell her a story: When you first arrived at the castle you were very small and cute, everyone in the royal family was enchanted with you, besides all the royal court gathered to meet you, everything was going well until a witch came shouting <<that child is not a human, return him to his real father or this place will be ruled by hundreds of demons>>. When we heard this your father and I paid no attention, but 5 years later while we were at a dinner, a demon appeared in front of us and said <<you must give me that child if you want to prevent me and my subjects from breaking into this place>> and disappeared. The prince was very surprised by the story he had heard from his mother so he started looking for ways to get out of the tower to find out about the events that happened in the past.

The following day Pete had already planned a strategy to escape, but he needed help to distract the guards guarding the tower so he waited until nightfall, went out to the balcony, looked at the moon and whispered <<I would like to get out of here, I wish someone could help me>> a few minutes later an icy air began to blow behind him. When he turned around, he was stunned to see a very large and sinister looking being approaching him and when they were face to face, he whispered <<my name is Sean, I am a demon and I have come to help you get out of here>>> the young man for some reason felt that he could trust this being, so he accepted his help. When they left the tower, they started walking through the forest until Pete could see a too bright light at the end of the path they were following and when he wondered what it was about Sean said: <<I will take you to our parents, they will be very happy for you to come back>>. Pete was very confused by what he had just heard since, although he knew that he had been adopted by the royal family he never knew what his origins were, however, he agreed to go with the demon to the place where his real parents were supposedly. The next day, the tower guards informed the king that his son had escaped from the tower with a very strange being that had taken him through a very bright light to everyone's surprise, the king did not show any sign of concern on his face, on the contrary, he looked much more relaxed.

After some time that Pete had been living with his real family, he returned to the kingdom of his supposed father King Chris, to confront him because he had learned that he had murdered all the members of the real royal family and had sent them to hell with the help of a witch in order to have total control of the entire monarchy and have all kinds of riches, the prince arrived at the castle surrounded by demon guards who accompanied him to the confrontation, the king who had already heard of his arrival also prepared his best soldiers, when they were face to face Pete said <<I have come to recover what belongs to me>> said this the king ordered his guards to attack. The battle did not last long as the demons easily finished with the guards that escorted the king, leaving him defenseless and Pete decided to attack him himself, then he took one of the spears that the dead soldiers were using and plunged it into the chest of Chris who died immediately.

The following months passed very quietly, Pete was ruling fairly the kingdom that belonged to him and his family, as for his parents and siblings who were demons lived happily in the castle with him but rarely showed before the villagers.

© Copyright 2022 Alejandra (alejandramabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2276753-The-Devil-Prince