*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2276937-Just-wanted-to-rest
Rated: E · Novel · Death · #2276937
A story written by Andrés Cruz and David Escobar
Once upon a time in the 80's year a little girl which only lived with her father, that's because her mother has died while she was giving birth. Her name was Cindy, a white, young, blonde girl who liked to spend her day trying to deal with the pain of don't have her mother with her. Her father, Laurence, watching that his daughter was spending al the day walking around the house while she was remembering, couldn't let her daughter suffer like this anymore so he sold their house and moved to another city.
Laurence watched a very big house in the top of a hill and he believed that that house was de option that he was looking for so he immediately bought it, but the man who sold it doesn't say that many years ago a child died there, the rumors told that her father was the one who killed that poor child but anybody confirmed that.
When they finally ended unpacking everything Cindy went to her room to sleep because the moving was very tiring. Suddenly, she could fell how a hand touch her leg, she felt very scared but her curiosity was higher than her fright, so she took a lantern and went to the basement for try to find some clues about what was that. She found a little book that looked like a diary, she read it and there she found that the legend of the child who died in that house was truth. She closed the book and went to her father's room to tell what se found. When she was going to do it, something stopped her, she thought that her father will think that she was crazy, he didn't believe in paranormal things so it wasn't a good idea.
At night, when Cindy finally went to sleep, the same thing waked up her, suddenly the air became cold and the mirror in her room tarnished. When she went to look what was going on, in the mirror appeared some words, it said "help me".
She plucked up the courage to go investigate the basement, she took a flashlight and went down carefully because she didn't know what could wait for her down there. With her heart beating rapidly, she opened the door and stepped inside. Suddenly, something grabbed her from behind and covered her mouth so she wouldn't scream.
It was the ghost of the boy; his name was Dalton. He told her that he was not looking to hurt her, he was just looking for someone with a pure heart to help him come back to life.
Cindy calmed down and asked a single question.
- Can you contact someone in the afterlife?
Dalton told him yes, but in order to do that he had to know who he should talk to. Cindy's stories about her mother were enough to get to know her, she just had to wish she could talk to her mother so Dalton could make her appear. They made a deal; Cindy helps him come back to life and Dalton could contact her mother.
Over time they became friends. As Cindy told Dalton stories about her mother, Dalton told her stories about him when he was alive.
Dalton just wanted to come back to life so he could be with his father again.
In order for Dalton to come back to life, they had to look for the most precious object he had in life and be able to perform the ritual. He remembered that he always used to have a necklace that his father gave him since he was born, so they went to the basement to find the old things that the previous owners of the house had kept.
Instead of finding the necklace, they found Dalton's father's diary where he said that the pain of having lost his son was too much, so he tried to do the ritual to revive him but it didn't work, the depression affected him too much and one day he didn't wake up anymore.
Dalton after reading the diary remembered the way he died. He no longer wanted to continue with the ritual since now that he no longer had unfinished business he could rest in peace and be with his father. As a last favor for Cindy, he contacted with Cindy's mother. Her mother told her to stop worrying about her because she would always be in her heart, Cindy understood and her mother was able to finish her pending task, make sure that her daughter would be fine.
Cindy thanked Dalton for helping her. With a hug they said goodbye and Dalton was finally able to be with his father in the afterlife. Cindy also rests easy knowing that her mother will always be with her.

© Copyright 2022 Spencer1528 (spencer1528 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2276937-Just-wanted-to-rest