*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2276939-Open-Your-Wings
Rated: E · Novella · Writing · #2276939
This is a story about how an eagle faces various problems to finally get to fly
Open your wings

A long time ago in a beautiful valley, with the biggest flowers, the tallest and strongest trees, tall branches and green leaves, a little eagle was born. High up in a tree on one of the highest branches was the nest full of eggs and one sunny spring morning 6 little eagles hatched. One of them took a little longer to break the shell and see the morning light. From the first moment he distinguished himself from his brothers for being somewhat smaller, of a different color and for being a little slower in learning. He tried to learn the same as his brothers, but it set back him much more.

All the eaglets were too happy and so was the eagle. One morning when they had grown enough, their mother had to make them learn an important lesson. It was the day that every bird looks forward to because it was the day to learn to fly. The eagle was nervous and excited from this was a great moment in his life, it was a very important learning and although he did not say it, he was a little scared and very worried that he would not be able to do it.

First, their mother taught them basic things like learning to move their wings inside the nest, then to move them by making little jumps and stay in the air just a few centimeters from the ground. Then one by one they jumped from the nest and moved their wings to fly. It was the turn of the little eagle, his mother was very aware of him, from he knew that sometimes it cost him a little more to learn. The eagle was very nervous and fearful. It was his turn to jump from the nest into the air and he did it but he was so afraid that his little wings did not respond well to him, his coordination failed, he fell into the ground at great speed, while his little brothers and his mother shouted OPEN YOUR WINGS once and again to avoid the strong impact against the graund.

He took as much life as possible and tried to spread his wings, but he got hit by a branch. His mom had to fly to his help and pick him up before he hit the ground but his wing was already hurt.

Because of this accident, the little eagle could not learn to fly. His wing was hurt forever from that fateful moment that marked his life and his memory forever, it made him feel less because he couldn't share certain activities with others of his kind. And that's how the little bird grew up without learning to fly. He always walked on the ground, and only climbed the lower branches, jumping and jumping in small steps. The little eagle grew without flying, and became a beautiful eagle with colored feathers and an elegant demeanor. But he always walked on the ground. Although his brothers insisted that he had to fly, he did not want to try it, since he knew it was useless, he knew that his wing was hurt and he would never be able to fly.

One day he met his brother who encouraged him to fly, the eagle was full of courage and closed his eyes with all his fear, he really had no other alternative, even knowing that he could not fly, he closed his eyes and moved with all his force his strong words: Poor me but I must achieve it. With his eyes closed, he flapped his wings with all his strength, knowing that his attempt was useless and a little silly then noticing the air on his face and the emptiness on his feet, he opened his eyes again to see surprised!!! That he was flying. The little bird flew and with the help of his brother he felt a lot of emotion, he felt that many of his insecurities had been erased that he was part of his species and was not different as everyone said.

Then he discovered that he had always been able to fly, but he never tried because he always believed that he could not do it, giving pride to his mother for not giving up and trying no matter how hard he had to try.

© Copyright 2022 Ninguno (andr3s at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2276939-Open-Your-Wings