*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277625-Unlikely-Romance
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2277625
Unlikely Romance for Writer's Cramp

251 words

Sam Adams was an undercover operative for the agency, sent to the darkest corners of the world, where he many people of dubious backgrounds and intent. Some of whom were enemies of the U.S., some of whom he had to kill just because of orders from higher up.

One day in Iraq he met a mysterious woman at a restaurant. She went up to him and they started talking. It was obvious to Sam that she was trying to pull a scam or con on him. He stopped her and told her whatever she was selling, he was not buying. She smiled at him, and Sam forgot all his training and fell madly in love with her.

She spoke English with a slight Iraqi Arabic accent. She was the most beautiful woman Sam Adams had ever seen. She was tall, bosomy with long black hair, and fiery black eyes. Sam was entranced by her beauty and drawn to her.
It was obvious that she felt the same way

She was the daughter of a notorious criminal black market operator. But politically supportive of the U.S. mission because he made so much money off it. He was suspicious of Sam’s intentions but over time accepted him.

When Sam’s tour was up, he married her and brought her back to the States. And the old man followed shortly thereafter and became a big, organized crime figure employing Iraqi and Afghani living in the States. Sam retired and joined his organized crime family.

NEW PROMPT: Tomorrow, July 30, is the International Day of Friendship Write a story or poem about two (or more) people in different parts of the world going from being wary strangers to starting a good friendship.

© Copyright 2022 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277625-Unlikely-Romance