*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277700-The-Essence-of-Yellow
Rated: E · Essay · Contest Entry · #2277700
Just some of my thoughts on the color yellow.
The Essence of Yellow.


Written for The Whatever Contest

PROMPT:

Write no more than 1000 words about/with/using (but not in lol) the color yellow.
There are 2 options: Fiction and Nonfiction. You can submit 1 entry for each. The color yellow must be a dominant theme, word, idea, etc. in your writing.



          The first thing I think of is the Sun. It gives warmth and life to the land. It gives life to sunflowers, also yellow. The grow high and strong and make me think of my own strength.
          Yellow is the color of the Solar Plexus Chakra. It is the center of confidence and personal power. It is also associated with acceptance and release. Gemstones used with the Solar Plexus Chakra are yellow jade and tiger's eye. Bergamotte and ginger are essential oils used with the Solar Plexus or 7th Chakra. Yellow is a color of the spirit.
          Bananas are yellow and good to eat. I have one every morning. They are a good source of potassium. Yellow squash is fun to eat too. A popular cake is yellow with chocolate frosting. My nieces and nephews used to love yellow cake for every occasion. Yellow is the color of memories.
          Yellow is the color between green and orange on the spectrum of visible light. It is a primary color and can be mixed to create other colors. Yellow ochre pigment was the first to be used in art.
          Yellow has a varied and fascinating history (but we don't want to associate it with plagiarism, so we won't go into that lol.) If you want to learn more, feel free to google yellow at your leisure.
          Yellow is a main color of life.

Word count: 235


© Copyright 2022 Khola Mousethyme (mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277700-The-Essence-of-Yellow