*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277741-I-Felt-the-Earth-Move
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest · #2277741
Sometimes all you need is a little time to talk things out.

I Felt the Earth Move

By Victor Rolling


When I first saw her, I wasn't attracted to her. She looked like ... like a woman. Like a pretty woman at that. She had a deep voice, very much a tomboy, but still ... a woman. Soon after our first meeting she left the job and I thought that I would never see her again. It was at her farewell that I finally spoke with her and found out that she was "family" too. It was cool. We had drinks, she got a little flirty, but again I am very much a gay man.

Several months later this new employee comes over to my desk, and he just smiles at me. There was something familiar about him, but I couldn't tell what it was. Then it happened. I knew what it was. She, was now he.

"Hey there," he said in a flirty tone.

"Oh my god, what do I call you?" I asked continuing to look at him transfixed on the transformation.

"Alexis is now just Alex," he replies. His shoulder length curly jet-black hair was no more, it was replaced by a coiffed jet black somewhat high and tight. His face was the same, but more chiseled, more masculine...this was a man. And I didn't know how to feel about it. I felt like his flirty nature was now turning me on in a way that it once hadn't.

"You look good," I continued as I looked him over. Still stocky, but clearly more muscular, even his physique had changed.

"Why you keep looking at me like that?" he asks, as I look into his dark brown eyes trying to avoid the question. "You think I'm cute?"

I didn't know much about him, but I could tell that teasing was a part of his flirty nature. So, I began to walk away. It was in that moment that he reached for my hand. My supple skin was matched by the softness of his skin.

"My God, your skin is soft," he said as he began trying to pull me back. In that moment I could swear I felt the earth move.

"I need a cigarette," I replied sharply hoping it would throw him off the track of my attraction.

"I'll come down with you," he quipped, standing by my side as we both look at the elevator.

He leans in and hits the down button. At this point I am in my head. I looked stupid waiting on an elevator that wasn't going anywhere. Get yourself together, I tell myself, you have been around attractive men before. I've just never found myself attracted to a trans man before. Well at least I didn't know I was.

"So, you just gonna stand up here and be awkward?" he asked as the elevator doors open.

"All I can think of in this moment is the Tik Tok in which a young woman says, "You gone be awkward to me, you gonna be awkward to me, you had my leg up in the air doing this and this."" I continued to stare straight.

Suddenly the elevator jerked to a stop. It began to rattle and shake, along with what felt like the entire building. Both of us screamed attempting to jump on the arm handles out of fear the elevator was going to plummet into oblivion, and just like it started it stopped.

Alex ran over and pressed the buttons, but the elevator didn't move.

"We're stuck," he says looking into the clearly frightened expression written across my face.

I knew what this was. It was an earthquake, and now we are stuck in the elevator, because I wanted to get away from him. My breathing quickened, the elevator walls began to resemble waves, I couldn't feel anything, and out of nowhere I collapsed to the floor.

*****

"Jackson," I can hear a voice and then I feel it. Lips upon my lips.

I open my eyes, and he is kneeling over me giving me CPR. Yeah, my chest hurt a little bit, but I was alive.

Alex's eyes welled up with tears. "You scared me. I didn't know... what happened to you. I did hear some people call down to us, so I know they are working on getting us out."

"You act like you like me," I said just to get a rise out of him. I mean hell, I was still coming too.

"You are alright. I just didn't know how you would feel about me being a trans man," Alex replies looking down shyly. "You were clearly not attracted to me before my transition, and I was going through transition then."

"You never asked either," I responded quickly. "I've never been with a trans man, but I don't know what I don't know."

Alex's body language changes.

"Don't move away from me. I said I've never been with a trans man, not that I never will."

"So, what are you saying?" Alex asks with a smirk on his face.

"So, now you wanna make it weird?" I ask partially giggling as he moves me closer.

We sit there for what feels like hours talking. We can hear people trying to get to the elevator, but that seems like lightyears away.

After a while his playfulness becomes more serious, and I too and feeling the laws of attraction pulling me in. I want to kiss him, his lips look soft, my eyes keep going from his lips to his eyes, back to his lips.

"Can I ask you, why me?" I ask.

"Although I am a trans man, I still like men. I particularly like you. You are my type. Not super hard, but not super feminine either."

This made me stand because I felt my pants becoming tight in a particular area. As I stood so did he. This sudden movement by the both of us caused the elevator to move slightly, causing me to grab him by his arm. He held me around my waste. I could feel him taking in the sweet scent of my Hermes cologne, as his curly hair brushed the side of my face. His lips lightly grazed my neck as I tighten my grip on his arm, and the moment that our lips were about to touch, it happened.

The elevator doors came open.






© Copyright 2022 Vick Rolling πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ (vick04041986 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277741-I-Felt-the-Earth-Move