*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277761-The-Turbulence-from-the-Hairdryer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2277761
I decided to call this a fictitious adventure story.
         The power is turned on. Relaxing to the person using it, the hairdryer has a gentle hum to it. On the hair, the heated breeze feels great. Your hair feels light and bouncy. Until they unplugged the hairdryer, everything was going great. Watch out everyone, you are about to have the ride of your life.

         Now, ready for take-off, the hairdryer begins to shake, rattle, and roll. The counting begins. Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One. The hairdryer is now in flight; like all the birds in the air, it was comfortable. Suddenly, the hairdryer began to shake. The passengers on board wondered what was going to happen next.

         The worried hairdryer begins to sing. The tune was so strange that it began to squeal. It wasn't long before the singing stopped. The squeal was grinding on everyone's nerves, so shattering, that no one was aware of the singing. Then, the loudspeaker came on. The announcement was that everyone needed to get out of their chairs and get ready to cook an omelet. What is going on, the people were wondering? Why would they have to cook an omelet? No one had heard of anything like this before. Further instructions were given. Ladies, Gentlemen, and Children, brace yourself, the hairdryer is going into a no-fly zone. It will have to come to an abrupt stop. Hold on to your hats and tilt them in such a way, that you can't see what lies below. We will be under attack before too long. How you handle it, is all up to you. With a jerk, a bounce, and a thug, the hairdryer hit the ground.

         Loaded with passengers, all eyes were fixated on the hairdryer that was on the ground. This was alien to them. A foreign ambassador to this country came out of the blue. Dressed in a long flowing robe, with many different colors to it, she had a scarf around her face. This took away any attraction that anyone would have. Wavy with highlights, her hair was long and beautiful. Was this woman, friendly? Soon, they would find out. Fascinating and mysterious, it was hard for anyone to keep their eyes off of her. To get them laughing, she came up with a plan; it would tickle the senses of these people. She rubbed something light, feathery, and soft down their backs, until they laughed so hard that they ended up in pain and misery.

         From this country, Licorice, Candylagos, was a new language called Elephants. When anyone would speak, a whole clan of people would start humming with delight. Every word spoken had a hum to it. In other words, no one had an excuse for not being able to sing. Imagine that! Everyone could sing in this country. This sounds like a land to me.

         Turbulence, especially coming from a hairdryer, was one thing. Were these people stuck in Licorice, Candylagos? Was this a place where people didn't want to leave? After all, the turbulence was mild, landing with a jerk, a bounce, and a thug. Sure, the people were tortured to the point where they were laughing so hard that they were in pain, but this may have been only temporary. Perhaps this was done so that could develop their unique voice. Maybe this wasn't bad after all. If you thought you couldn't sing, and, then, all of a sudden you could carry a tune, this would give your self-esteem a boost. This would be a great confidence builder.

          turbulence caused the hairdryer to shake, rattle, and roll. It sounds like it's time to sing and dance.
A rhythm comes up that's sure to move you. Now, you're in the groove. Create your style, pick up your feet, and enjoy yourself. Why, someone wonders, would the turbulence cause someone to get up and dance? Get up out of your chair and dance; the music is so good that you can't help yourself. The rhythm has a beat that gets your body moving in all directions; it doesn't matter what shape your body is in. The music livens you up. Keeping you very cool and groovy, you become content within yourself.

         Actually, the turbulence from the hairdryer was pretty amazing. Most people didn't return home that was stranded there; they were happy at this place. Everyone who lives there has a tremendous amount of fun. Residents get along well with each other. Waking up every day and night, you are humming along with every sound that you make. Come on and join us; you will not regret it. See you soon.


Written by Anna Marie Carlson
Preferred Author
© Copyright 2022 Anna Marie Carlson (annamc.poet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277761-The-Turbulence-from-the-Hairdryer